Retrieving Soft Plastics For Kings

scotty d

hey guys wondering what sort of retrieve you guys use when soft plastic fishing for kings? I havent had much luck throwing plastics at them and had to revert back to trolling for them. A lso im not sure if im using the right lures, have been using the flick baits.

I think its good to vary it up because they can be particularly moody at times and only take certain things in a certain way. Generally try a medium paced retrieve with twitching as sluggo's don't have much action but try fast and slow with pauses.

Depends if you're working the surface or from depths as well though.

just a thought has anyone tried skinned octopus leg threaded over the jighead instead of the plastic ?

we used this method at white rock long reef worked really well

also to bring the kings up to the surface we waved xmas tinsel back and forward [3pieces about 1mt long in silver gold and red] in the water

peter :1fishing1:

the occy leg works when trolled as well

Edited by luderick59

just a thought has anyone tried skinned octopus leg threaded over the jighead instead of the plastic ?

we used this method at white rock long reef worked really well

also to bring the kings up to the surface we waved xmas tinsel back and forward [3pieces about 1mt long in silver gold and red] in the water

peter :1fishing1:

the occy leg works when trolled as well

Tried it a couple of times .. not seriously though as i never got any hits and i think me mate caught one on a plastic while i was doing it once so that just ended it for me :1fishing1: