Fishing Tuggerah Lake The Entrance

Nick86

Hey guys Happy New Year to ALL!

Just a quick post,went out for a fish at the Entrance last week,got to the boat ramp at about 10pm and headed to our usual spot.

The tide was running out so we got set up and put our prawning lights out and started to get a few prawns.I left my little cousin prawning while I decided to throw a live prawn out to see what was biting,was getting heaps of little bites,which were whiting trying to suck the prawn into there mouth,striked many times though ended up getting baited as the prawn would get pulled off the hook as they were unable to swallow all the prawn,due to such a small mouth.

We ended up with a few keepers 5whiting, 1 bream, and about 2kg of prawns,so called it a night and ended up going home at 7pm for some sleep.

Here are a few pics off my phone.

post-9122-1230809085_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1230809554_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1230809664_thumb.jpg

post-9122-1230809749_thumb.jpg

What a great haul you got there.

Beautiful looking fish too. Some wonderful Whiting there.

Are you planning on eating the prawns or using them as fresh bait?

Cheers , Rhys :1fishing1:

Going to eat those ones going back up there tomo so im going to go get a few more and throw them in a tank with an air-rater to keep them alive for bait

hey,

i just got back from the entrance yesterday

alot of little bream, but if you go up to the mouth at sundown, you'll see a heap of people reeling in some beautiful size whiting on beach worms..

also a lot of people pulling in some nice size jews..

going back up there on aussie day.. try my luck with a jew