Fishing Close At Bellambi

deanobint

Hi Guys ( & Gals),

Just down south for the holidays and was hoping to take my son out fishing. I was hoping to put the boat in at Bellambi and was wondering if anyone knew of a place not to far off shore to have a good day fishing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dean

travel to the stanwell park an fish 2-3 miles off shore for all species am if thats too far u can go around the islands . Be careful of the bommie at the heads as you head out.

Thanks heaps Scrubworm I'll give it a shot... and post pics if I get anything worthing taking a pic of. :thumbup:

If you want to go around the islands (i'm assuming scrubworm means Port Kembla Islands ) you'd be better off driving by road to port kembla and launching from there, it's about an 8 or 9 mile run south from Bellambi to the northern most island. Besides that Bellambi ramp is pretty poor and Port has a fairly new 3 laned ramp, a multi level jetty, good cleaning tables and heaps of parking.

Hope this helps, good luck.

If you want to go around the islands (i'm assuming scrubworm means Port Kembla Islands ) you'd be better off driving by road to port kembla and launching from there, it's about an 8 or 9 mile run south from Bellambi to the northern most island. Besides that Bellambi ramp is pretty poor and Port has a fairly new 3 laned ramp, a multi level jetty, good cleaning tables and heaps of parking.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Am I confusing Bellambi for Wollongong as I only went there 3 weeks ago - asleep I might add and woken up when we got there - and my BIL said it was Bellambi but is exactly the same as you mentioned??? Anyhow picked up snapper, leatherjacket and sweep not that far out. Brother in law scored 1 kingie, snapper leatherjacket there today but blowin a gale

Am I confusing Bellambi for Wollongong as I only went there 3 weeks ago - asleep I might add and woken up when we got there - and my BIL said it was Bellambi but is exactly the same as you mentioned??? Anyhow picked up snapper, leatherjacket and sweep not that far out. Brother in law scored 1 kingie, snapper leatherjacket there today but blowin a gale

Yeh mate, I think you might have confused Port and Bellambi, Wollongong only has a single laned ramp and no cleaning tables, it's in Wollongong harbour near the trawlers. Port is in Port Kembla harbour, you launch in a little bay which is basicly protected by breakwalls from all directions and has a few boats moored on your left as you head out, once you leave there you travel about 1km with a big breakwall on your right, then once past there you turn to the right and head out to sea/the islands. Sound familiar?

Edited by LittleNoah

Yeh mate, I think you might have confused Port and Bellambi, Wollongong only has a single laned ramp and no cleaning tables, it's in Wollongong harbour near the trawlers. Port is in Port Kembla harbour, you launch in a little bay which is basicly protected by breakwalls from all directions and has a few boats moored on your left as you head out, once you leave there you travel about 1km with a big breakwall on your right, then once past there you turn to the right and head out to sea/the islands. Sound familiar?

Yea thanx Cleared up now. Appreciate your patience. Nice fishing there as I have only been to Bris Waters last year or so and its miserable there now. Might see you down there one morning. Love the area

Sorry just googled Belambi ramp and its not the Port one you thought I confused it with Little Noah. Now I am getting confused :wacko: !!!!!!

Still if you've been to some on the Central Coast its like heaven. Might have to go and find the Port ramp if its that much better. Very shallow when off the ramp at Bellambi though - but the fish dont seem to mind

Cheers

Gazza :beersmile: