North Avalon Rocks

Kirks

Hey guys

Headed out to Avalon today to chase some talior and bream from the rocks.

Got there quarter to 8 which is a bit late but I went out anyway.

Started of pelting a 40 gram metal at a school of bait. Hooked a lovely big tailor but just meters away from landing it it took one final jump and through the hooks. NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:mad3::mad3:

So close.

Anyway I then lost the school and proceed to chase bream around the rocks, made my special burley but there was no fish to be had.

Hopefully going back next week to fish for kings with livies, heard there's a few about and to chase tailor again.

Cheers

Thanks for reading

Steve

P.S For those Blackie chasers there is a whole load of green cabbage I think growning, Easy to access and not sun bleached.

Edited by Kirkby

Nice work there Kirks, there's nothing like an early morning spin sesh

If you wanna increase your chances of hookup whilst using metals you could upgrade your trebles to owner stingers, and add another split ring between the hook and the lure. I've found this easily doubles my hookup rate and is well worth the extra $2 per lure

Remember Kirks, the early bird catches the worm!

Cheers mate

Bobfish

Bad luck on dropping the big tailor, Steve! :1badmood: Better luck next time.

Take a float out with you & hang some cabbage under it - bet there are some big drummer out there toO!! :) or berley up with bread & throw some squashed bread under the float - you'll get bream and drummer too! :)

Cheerio

Roberta