Birthday Bream & Bonous Leather Jacket

Brooker435

Well Today is my 25th Birthday and I did not have any real plans so i decided to go a do a Morning fishing session at Swansea,

It almost ended up being a short trip as I started to feel sick in the stomach... But luckily there were ammenities not too far away so fellow fisherman always take note of where the ammenities are....

Now for this fishing part of it.. Actually the fishing started out to be quite poor.

I got there around 4am but did not start fishing till around 5.

I was catching small snapper and bream way under legal size so I was releasing them back into the water as you do, I was then contenplating packing up and going home then suddenly I felt a decent pull on my rod and to my surprise I had a 35cm Leather jacket on the end of it. so the fishing continued...

It was now around 7am and I was getting bored of catching small fish when suddenly I felt my line pull It was just a average one and then felt like a snag so I was quite upset and wound the rod up in a frustrated manner but to my surprise the snag fought back hahaha I must have a heavy fish on the line but I did not expect anything special as when you catch toadfish they are quite heavy so I thought I had one but I fought the fish and to my pleasant surprise had my first thumper bream ever on the end of it.

The Bream is about 45cm in length and just over a kilo.

The Leather Jacket is 35cm in length but i did not bother weighing it.

I was all excited now so I kept fishing but kept catching small fish again.

I decided to call it a day around 8.30 allthough I did not bring much home but at least its a feed & I was very happy with my catch as I am not a real experienced fisho and I hope to get better over time. post-9366-1231033997_thumb.jpg

post-9366-1231034013_thumb.jpg

The bream is actually a tarwhine an a very good size one too, well done.

Ok thanks never knew that... I should go fishing more often..... hopefully catch some more..

so tarwhine is that a bream species or a whole different fish?

your last session at swansea was awsome might have to fish with you one day might learn a thing or 2.

Cheers,

Beginner.

Its in the same bag limit as the bream with a limit of 20, they have a real soft meat but good eating. Very similar to but not sure if it a bream species or a cousin , but someone will surely tell us.

Yellowtail bream, Black bream, Snapper, and tarwhine are all in the same family classification,ie SPARIDAE, but are different species.

The legal size for tarwhine is 20cm, and for for both bream it is 25cm and bream and tarwhine are lumped together for the bag limit as you said.

Information from Sea Fishes of Southern Australia (Hutchins and Swainston), and NSW DPI Regs summary June 08.

They are a couple of good fish.

Regards and Happy Birthday

Edited by saltrix

Yellowtail bream, Black bream, Snapper, and tarwhine are all in the same family classification,ie SPARIDAE, but are different species.

The legal size for tarwhine is 20cm, and for for both bream it is 25cm and bream and tarwhine are lumped together for the bag limit as you said.

Information from Sea Fishes of Southern Australia (Hutchins and Swainston), and NSW DPI Regs summary June 08.

They are a couple of good fish.

Regards and Happy Birthday

Thanks and I hope I can bag a few more of these beauty tarwines as it was quite a good fish to catch and the feed was even better the only complaint from the kitchen was give me more!! give me more!!

Regards,

Beginner

Well Today is my 25th Birthday and I did not have any real plans so i decided to go a do a Morning fishing session at Swansea,

It almost ended up being a short trip as I started to feel sick in the stomach... But luckily there were ammenities not too far away so fellow fisherman always take note of where the ammenities are....

Now for this fishing part of it.. Actually the fishing started out to be quite poor.

I got there around 4am but did not start fishing till around 5.

I was catching small snapper and bream way under legal size so I was releasing them back into the water as you do, I was then contenplating packing up and going home then suddenly I felt a decent pull on my rod and to my surprise I had a 35cm Leather jacket on the end of it. so the fishing continued...

It was now around 7am and I was getting bored of catching small fish when suddenly I felt my line pull It was just a average one and then felt like a snag so I was quite upset and wound the rod up in a frustrated manner but to my surprise the snag fought back hahaha I must have a heavy fish on the line but I did not expect anything special as when you catch toadfish they are quite heavy so I thought I had one but I fought the fish and to my pleasant surprise had my first thumper bream ever on the end of it.

The Bream is about 45cm in length and just over a kilo.

The Leather Jacket is 35cm in length but i did not bother weighing it.

I was all excited now so I kept fishing but kept catching small fish again.

I decided to call it a day around 8.30 allthough I did not bring much home but at least its a feed & I was very happy with my catch as I am not a real experienced fisho and I hope to get better over time. post-9366-1231033997_thumb.jpg

post-9366-1231034013_thumb.jpg

GOOD ONE MATE