Northern Beaches

Luke K

Hi Raiders,

I went to a favourite Luderick spot this afternoon to hone my skills as I have not fished for them for a couple of months now. I know from keeping numerous diary entries that this spot is quite productive in summer. When got there I noticed that the water was quite shallow but there was a good wash that I thought would encourage the fish to come out and play. After fishing for about half an hour and with the tide being about 2hrs before the high I had a solid hook up. It felt like seaweed at first but a couple of solid tail beats reassured a fish was on the other end. This is probably the most difficult place I fish to land a fish and so I knew I was in for a long battle. Finally after 5 minutes or so I landed this nice fish.(45cm) It was followed by a couple of smaller fish around the 35cm mark.

Never ceases to amaze me how productive beach corners can be for all fish, but especially luderick.

Cheers

Luke

post-8603-1231330269_thumb.jpg

post-8603-1231330326_thumb.jpg

hi luke

nice fish 45cm :1yikes:

did you have to land them on the beach and have you tried fishing for them without a float in the wash just a pea size sinker 30cm trace no8 hook it is a good spot for bream as well with chicken breast fished the same way as blackies

peter :1fishing1:

G'day Luke yer mate I know were your comeing from :thumbup: I got a 45cm model there a week or two back.Good to see there still there I thought there was to much sand in there at the moment.Might have to get back down there.Well done great fish :thumbup:

hi luke

nice fish 45cm :1yikes:

did you have to land them on the beach and have you tried fishing for them without a float in the wash just a pea size sinker 30cm trace no8 hook it is a good spot for bream as well with chicken breast fished the same way as blackies

peter :1fishing1:

Hi Pete,

yeah I had to land them on the beach. unless you have a really long net, there is no other way.

I must admitt I have not tried pussey footing yet, but I must give it a go some time. In fact I might even try it this arvo.

Well done Luke! Top Blackie! They give a good fight at that size, too, once they 'wake up'!

Hmmm, may have to get my blackie gear out again! :1prop:

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

You should definately get your gear out. I was up at Port last week and there were a few around. By the way, what is the best retrieve when popping for whiting

Edited by Luderick Luke