Bream Pb On Yak + Plastic

yakfishing

Hit Sydney harbour at dawn with Luderick Luke to chase some bream this morning. After getting a messy tangle before even getting on the yak I thought it was gonna be another one of those murphys law days :1badmood: Got a new tub of gulp prawns the other day and first one I pull out is crooked :thumbdown: Yep. That'd be right. 2nd one I pull out looks ok but was buggering around as always getting the thing to swim right. I finally get it right and around the 5th cast under a jetty it gets absolutely whacked then zzzzzzzzzzzz and Im getting pulled into the jetty as the wind blows the yaks bow around. Somehow I end up backwards to the jetty with the rod over my head and a big bend in it. I turn myself around and complete the 360 deg turn but he makes another run zzzzzzzz behind a pylon, my line rubbing against wood and oysters. I stretch to reach my rod around the pylon and finally get in a good position to pump and wind him outa there. Another little run and then hes in the boat, my hands shaking... WOHOOO!! :yahoo: Thank goodness I was using 8Lb leader! It was all frayed at the end of that. Same jetty turned up another nice breambo for Luke (32 I think) which stayed happily in his new live bait and keeper tank on a testing run before release.

post-4457-1231332007_thumb.jpg

My 1st bream on plastic - 20cm

2nd - 31cm

This one - 34cm :thumbup:

We saw some birds working the surface at various places around the harbour, heaps out near fort denison but it can be dicey with boat traffic out there so we stayed away and chased the smaller schools near us for a bit to turn up some choppers. Around some more snags Luke managed another bream around legal. As it got brighter we couldnt temp any more bream, but the water vis was very clear so it doesnt suprise me.

:thumbup: Nothing beats the nuclear chicken baby shrimp :thumbup:

A.dawg~~~

This was a new penny actually (does look like nuke chook in the pic). Ive been wondering about the nuclear chook tho, Ive got some but havent had the confidence to try them on the bream. So worth a try you reckon??

Congrats on all your PBs Yakfishing!! FUn, eh, when you pull in a big one?? That is the advantage of the Hobies - no anchors to get wrapped around! :)

I must work more on my plastics, tho! I have been using hbs more recently!

Can't wait for the tourists to leave so the lake returns to normal :wacko:

Cheerio

Roberta

Iceman - The SP clinic is paying off! Thanks again for your help. I got a tackleback as per your advise but the lighter hooks tend to bend when pulling them out of a snag. Will they still be strong enough for a big bream if I bend them back into place with plyers? Ive just been replacing them. Still the tacklebacks good even if it just saves you buggering around tying a new leader. Also Ive been using the TT 1/40th HWS jigheads and I noticed there's a light guage and and a heavy guage - I'd prefer the heavier ones if it means theyll pull out of the snags better but is there any difference in the action of the lure?

Roberta - "I must work more on my plastics, tho! I have been using hbs more recently!"

Ive gotta work more to afford some HBs! :1prop: An arsenal of SX-40s would be fantastic but pricey.

Edited by yakfishing

hehehe ....an arsenal of SX-40s would be fantastic but pricey.......

tell the rellies what you want next time a birthday or XMas comes along!! Then you know you'll be getting what you want! :)

Roberta