A Day On Botany Bay

bouncn

Hi Raiders,

Hit the bay last week with a mate and a relo from out of town keen to show them a good day fishing.

There were a couple of bream spots which have been working well for us so 5am started pumping yabbies then reached kyeemagh ramp by 6.15am after picking up 1kg salted pillies on the way

What a day it was. We bagged 19 legal bream including a couple thumpers and 4 whiting. There were about another 15 undersize which were returned. Got back to the boat ramp around 12.30pm

Invited the family over that night got the bbq going then add greek salad and hot chips there was not a hungry one amongst us

fish.bmp

Hi Raiders,

Hit the bay last week with a mate and a relo from out of town keen to show them a good day fishing.

There were a couple of bream spots which have been working well for us so 5am started pumping yabbies then reached kyeemagh ramp by 6.15am after picking up 1kg salted pillies on the way

What a day it was. We bagged 19 legal bream including a couple thumpers and 4 whiting. There were about another 15 undersize which were returned. Got back to the boat ramp around 12.30pm

Invited the family over that night got the bbq going then add greek salad and hot chips there was not a hungry one amongst us

Go Kalymnos!

I bet the relos already knew that you had some fish coming home. Mine certainly do. The greek grapevine has a way of transcending even the internet!

So was it the pillies that did the damage or the nippers?

What was the water depth you were in? Did you get much current pushing by you?

I won't ask too many questions....just those...... :biggrin2:

Go Kalymnos!

I bet the relos already knew that you had some fish coming home. Mine certainly do. The greek grapevine has a way of transcending even the internet!

Yeah Bravo Re nice catch,yep the bay is picking up prime time for bream and whiting...

Go Kalymnos!

we had 2 bbq's going that night which really helped

freshly caught fish is always a hit in this neck of the woods :)

nippers did most of the damage, although the larger ones where caught off pilly

both spots we were at anchored between 2 and 3 metres of water not much current

seriously fished the run in tide up to 1hr after high

hope this helps.

john

we had 2 bbq's going that night which really helped

freshly caught fish is always a hit in this neck of the woods :)

nippers did most of the damage, although the larger ones where caught off pilly

both spots we were at anchored between 2 and 3 metres of water not much current

seriously fished the run in tide up to 1hr after high

hope this helps.

john

Two barbeques at once? Mate, you must have had EVERY single relo you got over, to "help you eat" the fish.

Do you find there is ribbon weed on the seabed at your spots or is it just clean sand?

Did you catch any stingrays/banjo sharks as well?

thanks guys

big dog - we normally get them either at sandringham near the bridge or at sylvania near pauls hamburgers

you get more in the water around knee deep. always helps when your with someone one of you pumps and the other sifts the sieve. good luck!!

keflapod - yeah we always catch those buggers dont know if you can avoid them esp with pillies

normally anchor where a big patch of weed meets sand. keeping the yabbies as fresh as possible more than anything dont keep them too packed and change the water every half hour

thanks guys

big dog - we normally get them either at sandringham near the bridge or at sylvania near pauls hamburgers

you get more in the water around knee deep. always helps when your with someone one of you pumps and the other sifts the sieve. good luck!!

keflapod - yeah we always catch those buggers dont know if you can avoid them esp with pillies

normally anchor where a big patch of weed meets sand. keeping the yabbies as fresh as possible more than anything dont keep them too packed and change the water every half hour

Thanks for the advice i will try tommorow, tryed to fish the bay today the wind was cranking

Dave