Dean Hayes - So Long And Thanks For All The Fish

tonyd

Hi

I received a phone call late last night to say that Dean Hayes had past away from a short battle with cancer and to say that I was totally blown away by this very sad news is an under statement. When I first met Dean in 2001 I was so impressed with the guy and the knowledge he had of fishing that I asked him if he could help me out with some information with my Fishing Guide to Sydney- Hawkesbury Waterways.

Not long after that Dean took me out on the upper Hawkesbury River to chase Australian Bass, Estuary Perch, yellowfin bream and mullet and as I stated earlier the knowledge he had of this water way was incrediable.

I will always remember that first day on the water with Dean. I couldn't get over how many lures he had just laying around in his boat. They were on the floor, under and in the console, attached to the gunnels, there were a few in the tackle boxes, but most were at the ready. We caught a number of Australian Bass and estuary perch that day.

In the short time that I have known Dean he has always freely given me the time to help me out, no matter what it has been. His advice and friendship will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace Dean

Gary Brown and family

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Dean on his favourite part of the river and he was very helpful and didnt mind giving out a few tips.

post-256-1231539216_thumb.jpg

Have a safe journey Dean and I am sure the fish will always be biting.

Condolences to the Hayes Family and relatives.

Regards Swordfisherman

Dean Hayes the gentle giant of the Hawkesbury River. Known to many as a guide, a bass encyclopedia, harbour guide, pelagic chaser, friend to many passed away yesterday after a battle with illness.

The details for Dean Hayes funeral are:

1015 this wed at castlebrook cemetery on Windsor rd.

A wake after at the Windsor golf club in Sth Windsor.

All are welcome pls pass widely