Lake Lyell

twoducks

Well after seeing the upcoming social announcement,i couldnt help my self grabbed the brother in law and his son in law and off we went. Took off on Friday got there around 3pm and of course a couple of cold ones were the second priority after setting up camp.

lake is around 47% full.

Went for a troll with tassies for nill result. So came back to camp to celebrate,well celebrate nothing actually..lol

Very cold over night. Up at 6 next morning but son in law had actually gone for a wander after we went to bed and met up with a few poker playing campers..lol. But he did actually make it out for a fish, lot of small fish about.

Second morning a lot of surface activity,wish i brought the fly rod

Tried the old power bait,for no result.It was like the old song four seasons in one day except it was four days!

Cold,then stinking hot,then rain,then hail.

In the wash up we got 3 trout all around 30 cms taken on a cricket/crawdad trawled

Tried Tassies,Flatfish and the like but all were on the above

Son in law spoke to the caretaker,and said alot of bass have been caught,also showed him a 70-80 cm brown that had been found on the bank. He claimed it might have jumped there??

Well guess what it ended up in his dumpster!

Cheers

Tducks

Well after seeing the upcoming social announcement,i couldnt help my self grabbed the brother in law and his son in law and off we went. Took off on Friday got there around 3pm and of course a couple of cold ones were the second priority after setting up camp.

lake is around 47% full.

Went for a troll with tassies for nill result. So came back to camp to celebrate,well celebrate nothing actually..lol

Very cold over night. Up at 6 next morning but son in law had actually gone for a wander after we went to bed and met up with a few poker playing campers..lol. But he did actually make it out for a fish, lot of small fish about.

Second morning a lot of surface activity,wish i brought the fly rod

Tried the old power bait,for no result.It was like the old song four seasons in one day except it was four days!

Cold,then stinking hot,then rain,then hail.

In the wash up we got 3 trout all around 30 cms taken on a cricket/crawdad trawled

Tried Tassies,Flatfish and the like but all were on the above

Son in law spoke to the caretaker,and said alot of bass have been caught,also showed him a 70-80 cm brown that had been found on the bank. He claimed it might have jumped there??

Well guess what it ended up in his dumpster!

Cheers

Tducks

Did any one try any bait? worms and the like?

Did any one try any bait? worms and the like?

Gidday Yarrone,no live bait was used this time only lures and power bait,

Was going to hit the old backyard pond for some mudeyes as i had seen a couple a few weeks before our trip.

but truth be known i forgot all about them in our haste to get up there.

A lot of the fish seemed quite deep,so i am thinking mabye next time to try jigging as well.

Cheers

Twoducks