Jew Harbour Goes Off

nova

Hit the water this arvo with my old boss, who had never caught a king so we threw some poppers around and you guessed it he caught his first king a tiddler at 55cms, he was stoked.

We decided to have a crack at a jew and went up into middle harbour to spot x, found loaded with bait which was a top sign of things to come,we managed to land some thumper flatties biggest was 4.12kgs some steroid tailor then my daiwa luna started peeling line knew strait away i was onto a nice jew, finally landed after 15 min on 12lb braid.We were stoked especially my old boss who had never seen that much action before, jew went 14kgs. Picture of my boss victor with the prize.CHEERS.

post-6156-1231509664_thumb.jpg post-6156-1231509999_thumb.jpg

Top session mate!

Good barometric pressure aswell :thumbup:

Well done on the jewfish Nova :thumbup: a 14kilo jew is a very good jew at the end the day!! If it was my old boss I'd let him know that that jewfish is a worthy entry for the Fishraider Fish of The Month competiton.

Browney's quite right about the barometric pressure and you did well, after all you still have to have to find where the fish are likely to be and then catch them.

The noticable barometric pressure recovery towards the end of the southerly cool snap made it a good night to fish and given the overnight change, today is looking very good for general action recovery whilst tonight looks a good night to fish the same spot for Middle Harbour jewfish again, being there each side of both tide changes to allow for the jew going back out with the tide.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hey nova,

What an awesome session and excellent jewie.

Conditions very good at the moment for jewies.

We are going tonight.

Cheers

hi zenman hope you do well tonite would love to be out there again but with 3 kids under 5yrs i think the wife will spit the dummy,my old boss is on a high he didnt sleep last nite ,cheers good luck

Well done on the jewfish Nova :thumbup: a 14kilo jew is a very good jew at the end the day!! If it was my old boss I'd let him know that that jewfish is a worthy entry for the Fishraider Fish of The Month competiton.

Browney's quite right about the barometric pressure and you did well, after all you still have to have to find where the fish are likely to be and then catch them.

The noticable barometric pressure recovery towards the end of the southerly cool snap made it a good night to fish and given the overnight change, today is looking very good for general action recovery whilst tonight looks a good night to fish the same spot for Middle Harbour jewfish again, being there each side of both tide changes to allow for the jew going back out with the tide.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

hi jewgaffer you are right about the conditions have been chasing these beauties for years and it is always nice to kick of the year with a nice jew and thumper flatties i know my kids are going to love flattie fish cocktails.Right conditions homework done fish wont be far away.CHEERS Nova