Poppers And Sps At Night?

Raii

Are these effective during the night, esp the poppers, i know its possible to catch fish with SPs at night, but I was wondering if its similar to using them during the day, eg. the same types of retrieves

Not too sure about poppers, but on a calm water i can sort of picture some sort of action on poppers.

Georges River btw

Are these effective during the night, esp the poppers, i know its possible to catch fish with SPs at night, but I was wondering if its similar to using them during the day, eg. the same types of retrieves

Not too sure about poppers, but on a calm water i can sort of picture some sort of action on poppers.

Georges River btw

Poppers usually work fairly well at night i reckon, i went out with a mate of mine a few times and watched him land a few bass on poppers. I was told by a few people that the best colours to use at night are the really dark colours mostly black, i dont know why exactly but it seems to work from time to time.

My GF and I returned from Queensland last week and fished mainly nights in lit up areas with bait present, we used glow in the dark plastic colours such as Lime Tiger and Nuclear Chicken in 3" Minnows and got an assortment of fish from Jews to Bream, to Big Eye's to Moses Perch,so plastics do work at night, others she got were Mono's and Pike. I dont think many people try them at night but they do work.

• 3 weeks later...

My GF and I returned from Queensland last week and fished mainly nights in lit up areas with bait present, we used glow in the dark plastic colours such as Lime Tiger and Nuclear Chicken in 3" Minnows and got an assortment of fish from Jews to Bream, to Big Eye's to Moses Perch,so plastics do work at night, others she got were Mono's and Pike. I dont think many people try them at night but they do work.

What else would you recommend for night beach fishing? ANy other lures/sp that glows?

Hey mate,

If the species you are chasing hunts at night then artificials can work really well. I target bass, ep's, big flatties and jew all at night with lures with success.

There's nothing like a hookup in darkness to wake you up in a hurry :thumbup:

There are Jerk Shads that Glow, by Gulp, they would work very well, we have used them with success, spray them with ultrabite or gulp juice or something, it helps. Most white Glow minnows will be great for you. Even the new Lucanus type jigs glow, either from any brand

Edited by xtosea