Sydney Harbour 13/1

Little Hooker

:1badmood: hey guys,

been awhile since ive posted up something in the reports, due to the fact that ive been catchin nothing when fishing...

Headed out to the harbour around 5am for some live bait. manage to land 2 decent squid with 10mins thought that would be enough cause i always waste so much time on squid. Jig around for some yakkas within 5 mins we had more then enough for the day.

Trolled down south head and saw heaps of surface action (yakkas) so tried to work that area but nothin decent would take the DR or the lures after spendin a hr for nothin we kept trolling/dr down to bondi but no takers...Spotted some gulls working the area then saw some fish jumping about but dissppear when got close to them!!! gave up and went to north head for some luck

Decided to DR a yakka at northhead within the 5mins ZzZZZZZZZZzzzz the sounds ive been waitin for so long to hear pulled up my first king on the DR it only went for 62cm but extremely happy cause of the endless hr of failing last year. Feeling great keep workin the area up to manly and landed 2 more rats.

Seem to get quite so went back in side as the wind was pickin up abit so we worked one of the markers close by and god would you know we had so much action. 8 out of 10 pass we would land a king even tho they were rats it was good to know i was doin things right!!! :yahoo:

landed 10kings all day and Took home the biggest king that went for 66cm for sashimi.... yummy

Now for them mtr plus kings!!!!

post-6068-1231921721_thumb.jpg

post-6068-1231921753_thumb.jpg

post-6068-1231921790_thumb.jpg

Gday there Little Hooker. Well done on some hot kingy action there.

I saw you get into that action on your downrigger around that marker. I was one of the 2 boats anchored up next to it. Managed quite a few myself (12 :1prop: ) which I hope to post later today.

Well done though! Your constant action seemed to piss off the bloke on the other boat that was tied up on the marker. He was rather grumpy as he'd just been busted by Fisheries for keeping an undersized kingy. Serves him right, and well done for adding to his pain by catching plenty right under his nose! :thumbup:

Didn't realise you were a Raider, but I'll make sure I say gday next time I see you!

Cheers,

Geoff.

howdie geoff i remember your boat and thanks it was long awaited fun for my mates and i.

I think he was pisses off at me cause my first past at the marker got stuck onto his lure which ended up on my boat...hahaha thats what happens when you cast in front of a boat that is downrigging!!!! Yeah he meantion something about fisheries i thought he was flaming me so i jus gave the thumbs up and kept on with the fun.... Thanks for tellin me i feel much better that he got done for undersize fish...what a gronk!

Yeah im fairly new to this site, only the last few weeks been hittin the water. Been meaning to slap a FR sticker on her but jus never got around to it.... One of the mods were meant to hit me back but i think they forgot.

cheers,

V

Well done Matey, May I ask where you downrigging whole squid, or just strips? or even yakkas?

which of the three gave you best results?

cheers

kilp

howdie geoff i remember your boat and thanks it was long awaited fun for my mates and i.

I think he was pisses off at me cause my first past at the marker got stuck onto his lure which ended up on my boat...hahaha thats what happens when you cast in front of a boat that is downrigging!!!! Yeah he meantion something about fisheries i thought he was flaming me so i jus gave the thumbs up and kept on with the fun.... Thanks for tellin me i feel much better that he got done for undersize fish...what a gronk!

Yeah im fairly new to this site, only the last few weeks been hittin the water. Been meaning to slap a FR sticker on her but jus never got around to it.... One of the mods were meant to hit me back but i think they forgot.

cheers,

V

definetly got more hits on the squid for sure.... the sqiud we caught were abit big so had to cut them up to strips... but ive never used a whole squid yet so wonder how they would go?!?!?! Yakka's was jus hooked thru the mouth which gave us a few kings too...

Hey mate I had a great arvo at that spot too when I saw you guys as well but I wasnt tied of to the marker or caught for undersizes fish. I left pretty early in the arfternoon though. The kings at that spot are unbelivable ATM well done