Prawning At The Entrance

oshuyi

i was wondering has anyone been prawning at the Entrance lately ?

Myself and bbbsyd were there the last 2 nights and they were everywhere.

We ended up getting 4 kilos in the 2 nights.

We also managed quiet a few 50cm plus flatties around the boatshed.

We also had a fish on the beach with nice sambos and bream being taken on prawns.

We came across a local who landed 2 jewies right at the mouth. One was a monster, we gather 20+ kilo mark and the other one was a smaller model to that one.

Tight Lines

did u guys go prawning via boat or walking the waters with waders?

most of the people i've heard of said they are prawning, while they are on the boat at the entrance. At Windang they go into the waters, but apparently there isn't much there this year so far

did u guys go prawning via boat or walking the waters with waders?

most of the people i've heard of said they are prawning, while they are on the boat at the entrance. At Windang they go into the waters, but apparently there isn't much there this year so far

We went tuesday night and they were everywhere we pulled in heaps didnt weigh or count any though you couldnt see the bottom of the bucket even if yuo tried, we walked across the sand with a prawning light and a net and just scooped them up.

i heading up the entrance tonight to try my luck out. The weather doesn't look too good, but i only have the weekends off, so i might as well give it a go.

wish me luck guys, hopefully it won't rain :1badmood: on me

Did you get many prawns oshuyi?

i caught 10 prawns, which i ended up using as bait. i ended up with 3 whitings and 2 flathead

the tide was flowing but the prawns weren't running apparently, may be it wasn't the right time. i got there about 9 and prawn to 11pm.

i probably go again this weekend to give it another go.

i caught 10 prawns, which i ended up using as bait. i ended up with 3 whitings and 2 flathead

the tide was flowing but the prawns weren't running apparently, may be it wasn't the right time. i got there about 9 and prawn to 11pm.

were there any other people prawning at teh same time?

This weekend the tides are good and the moon phase is correct :yahoo: get into em.

Cheers Stewy

I hope so :1prop: we will be at Windang :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

i think i'll be heading to Windang as well, b/c my mate went to the entrance last night and said there were hardly any prawns running.

Also it looks like the Entrance will be pack as well. He said there were heaps of people fishing

i think i'll be heading to Windang as well, b/c my mate went to the entrance last night and said there were hardly any prawns running.

Also it looks like the Entrance will be pack as well. He said there were heaps of people fishing

Hey oshuyi

what time was your mate prawning?

I'm thinking of heading up to the entrance on Sat night.

I ended up giving the entrance a miss on Sat night cos it was blowing a gale.

Went up there on Sunday night, arrived around 11.30pm, prawned till 2.40am.

Not many prawns, and the ones that were around were small.

Only ended up with around 1.5kg between the 3 of us.

Chris