Pussyfooting

luderick59

went for a fish yesterday at mona vale 11am crowds of swimmers every where so tried a spot rarely fished

this rock platform is dry at low tide but with the big tides it had about 2ft of white water over it

ended up with 2 nice blackies but there were bigger ones that busted me up 4 times

went back today caught 4 fish 44,42 and 2 38cm lost 3 bigger fish one must have been a huge drummer as my line cut through the water so fast it left a wake in the shallow water

this new spot has much bigger fish than normal so may have to go up in line size maybe 10lb :1yikes:

shallow water pussyfooting is a lot of fun :thumbup:

peter

:1fishing1:

post-4997-1232005215_thumb.jpg

Edited by luderick59

.........but there were bigger ones that busted me up 4 times.......this new spot has much bigger fish than normal so may have to go up in line size maybe 10lb :1yikes: .........

peter :1fishing1:

.... and by the looks of it may have to go up to over 100lb after dark :1yikes::1yikes::thumbup:

Cheers Pete

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Well done on the catch.

Suprised you didnt opt for a swim instead of a fish.

Dont spose there were any Black Trevs on the bite by any chance?

i was up to my waist in water so it was good

no black trevs at this spot a bit to shallow i think plenty of rock cod [yellow green about 50cms] caught about 4

Hi Peter

Well done on some terrific fish!! Big fat beauties. Sounds an exciting spot for you to explore further :1prop:

Still waiting for you to visit up here to suss out some spots for me to try it :)

Cam & family is up here just now ..... hope to hit the beach with worms tomorrow! We have heard of big blackies off the rocks near us ....... just gotta rock hop to get there! :wacko:

Cheerio

Roberta

Sounds like a hell of a lot of fun!

Do you fish with a float over these ledges or just small running sinker?

just a small piece of flat lead half inch x half inch with hole at the top running on to a swivel 35cm 6lb vanish and no8 or no6 hook this rig is also good for bream using chicken breast in the washes

the flat lead reduces snagging as when lifted it planes to the surface compared to a ball sinker