Chase Flatty

daeheeyang

Hi raiders!

it's my first time to write here! nice to meet you!

well, Jason and I have just started lure fishing but We have no idea which places are good.

We travel to The Entrance to catch some flathead but, it is a bit away from our house!

so does anyone know good place to go for catching nice flathead around hills area?

and which jig head and sp do i need to use?

cheears,

daehee

welcome:)

i have no idea where the hills area is but

i can give you a little help wif plastics

its impossbile to tell you what SP to use becuase the fish could like gulp worms 1day and then squidgy fish the next

depending on how deep the water is i fish in 4-8m of water with 1.16th to 1.8th

there probs the best weight

and the best jigheads i rekon are either gamauski(sp) or owner

G'day DaeHee,

Not too many Flatties around the Hills area... the carp must have eaten them all :074:

In all seriousness I lived in Kellyville until a few months ago and the closest reliable flatty spots are probably Hen & Chicken Bay or Iron Cove (if you don't want to eat them), or Patonga if you want a feed (in the creek or around the headlands/beach ends), or Roseville

There are flatties in a lot of other spots too but they are all about the same distance away... The Hills are a long way from good fishing water. That's one of the reasons I was happy to move.

Cheers, Slinky

welcome:)

i have no idea where the hills area is but

i can give you a little help wif plastics

its impossbile to tell you what SP to use becuase the fish could like gulp worms 1day and then squidgy fish the next

depending on how deep the water is i fish in 4-8m of water with 1.16th to 1.8th

there probs the best weight

and the best jigheads i rekon are either gamauski(sp) or owner

There are so many things that I need to consider :( million types of SPs, weights of jig heads and etc!

Thanks for your advice

cheers,

daehee

G'day DaeHee,

Not too many Flatties around the Hills area... the carp must have eaten them all :074:

In all seriousness I lived in Kellyville until a few months ago and the closest reliable flatty spots are probably Hen & Chicken Bay or Iron Cove (if you don't want to eat them), or Patonga if you want a feed (in the creek or around the headlands/beach ends), or Roseville

There are flatties in a lot of other spots too but they are all about the same distance away... The Hills are a long way from good fishing water. That's one of the reasons I was happy to move.

Cheers, Slinky

Berowra waters is the cloest place to go from my house but I never caught any fish :1badmood:

I might try at Patonga next week but is there any good fishing spot around Gosford or Woy Woy for landbase fishing?

Thanks for your advice Slinky.

Cheers, daehee

I live in the Hills area to and unfortunatly you wont find any fishing spots. I recommened using 5inch gulp jerk shads and larger grasshopper squidgy fish (to catch decent size fish) and just bounce them across the bottom, which creates a small puff of sand, in turn attracting fish. Fish them at moderate to slow pace but be sure to maintain contact with the lure so them means having as little slack line as possible. I found that helps to detect bites and makes the lure work the exact way you tell it to. I havent had enough "flatty on plastics" experience to tell you what jig head sizes to use, but anything that will get you on the bottom without being too heavy. I have caught flatties on - the squidgy brand, round jigheads 2.0 #2. Practice using this jighead first on 70mm Squidgy flickbait in flashprawn colour then move onto the larger lures i mention to catch the bigger fishing.

Good luck. If it isnt working you havent found the fishing (which is the hardest part) or just slowww down the retreive.