Removing Old Stickers

Outnumbered

does anyone know an easy way to remove old stickers from glass boats? they have faded badly and lost all color (original brand decals).

i'm getting the boat ready to cut and polish, I nearly fell over when i got a quote of $550 to cut and polish the outside only so i'm going to have a go at it myself.

does anyone know an easy way to remove old stickers from glass boats? they have faded badly and lost all color (original brand decals).

i'm getting the boat ready to cut and polish, I nearly fell over when i got a quote of $550 to cut and polish the outside only so i'm going to have a go at it myself.

34735[/snapback]

Give Eucalyptus oil a shot Wombat.......that has previously worked for me with old stickers. better check it doesn't affect the glass first, but I am pretty sure it will be ok.

Byron

Guest Jocool
go over it with Big Kevs goo remover - this stuff is bloody fantastic. :thumbup:

34781[/snapback]

IM EXCITED!!!! :risata::risata:

In the motor industry, we used to wipe them over with thinners to soften, and then heat with a hairdryer to peel!

• 3 months later...
I was about to post the same question here.

So what worked the best in the end?

I have to strip my boat down and some of the stickers are very stubborn, especially the Quintrex ones.  :ranting2:

51140[/snapback]

being lazy worked best in the end, i just polished them up so they look white.

i figured that would look better than having unweathered orange paintwork in the shape of the stickers :1prop:

OUtnumbered - I used an electric heat paint stripper on low setting to get rid of most of mine the used the orange peel based stick remover (sold in Bunnings) to get rid of the rest. It is cheaper than eucalyptus and works just as well.

Did both the tinny and the fibreglass canoe.