Spincast (closed Face) Reels

Bream Mad

At one time they were considered the ducks guts for Bass fishing.

I believe they still have a place for the very purpose you'll be using it for.

Just remember that everything old always comes back into fashion!

I'll be interested to get your feedback on it if you buy it.

Cheers,

Grant.

I used one as a young bloke and they were great. I was using it with mono line, and in freshwater. I have never used braid on one and predominately caught reddies, which didn't really give the drag the work out you can expect from a bass. From memory, mine was a Daiwa. I'm pretty sure Hodgey Snr still has it wrapped in a rag in a drawer at home.

There is certainly a niche for them, particularly under the circumstances you have discussed. Like Grant, I look forward to any feedback you would like to provide if you put one through its paces, Kael. Good luck mate

Cheers

Hodgey

i haven't used on but the ant pants of spincast is supposed to be zebco omega. i've read a few reviews online and it is apparently miles ahead of any other spincast reel on the market. i think part of the reason is that they don't make any other type of reel so all research goes into spincast.

i haven't used on but the ant pants of spincast is supposed to be zebco omega. i've read a few reviews online and it is apparently miles ahead of any other spincast reel on the market. i think part of the reason is that they don't make any other type of reel so all research goes into spincast.

yeh that is what i have read as well

I'm thinking of the zebco 11 platinum which is a scaled down UL version

although had a play with a daiwa silvercast at a fishing shop and it felt pretty good as well

cheers

kael

I bought my wife an ABU spincast reel about 30 years ago and it is still going she has fished for barra on the Daintree River with it chased bream on plastics etc . It has been used to cast lures,fished bait and as I said it is still going strong.

Dont knock em the are good gear.

Big-Pete :1fishing1:

Edited by Big-Pete

I have used type of reel often.

One to look out for the pin that catched the line to wind it onto the spool.

This pin is subject to a lot of wear becasue the line runs around it. If a groove develops it will cut your line.

Some of them may have a different system now but to ones I have used all ha the same issue.

I caught some big bass using with them..

Cheers

Kingpig