Any Jewies Caught Last Night?

sydfisher

Hey Sydfisher,

I gave it a good go but no mulloway yet.

Yes the conditions were excellent and i an hopeful for a similar type of night this weekend.

Was surprised how easy getting a bucket full of yakkas was. Had 6 in half an hour.

I have been trying for a mulloway on a consistent basis for the last 12 months.

I reckon i'm due for one soon.

All the best

Dougs77

Gees someone must have got a Jewie last night/early morning.Seemed like conditions would be good.High barometric pressure,hight tide 3.30am.Or are you fellas keeping them secret? Lol.

Maybe one was caught somewhere. :wacko:

Crappy moon phase though.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hi Sydfisher, Secretive is not my nature in cases of blindfold listeners under oath and still under anaesthetic :D .........If you have room on your boat one night for a Georges River jewfish session with myself and a friend of mine, Taren Point Julius the CC Bridge landbased record holder, give me holla..... and if we're not too busy, we might be able to answer a few questions for you on the water as Julius and myself are half deaf anyway. :lol:

Cheers :thumbup:

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

and if we're not too busy, we might be able to answer a few questions for you on the water as Julius and myself are half deaf anyway. :lol:

Byron, I could imagine that would be because the two of you never shutup! :tease::074::074:

I have to admit that there's not much else to do while waiting for the jew to come through.

Nice offer to a fellow member once again mate. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Yeah Dougs your pretty keen mate.I wish i was as motivated as you.Youre right Jewhunter,didnt look at the bloody moon phase did i? Dead giveaway i only catch soapies in the smaller sizes.LOL.Ive been shown up already.Yeah ive actually had dreams or sweaty nightmares of catching that famous Captain Cook bridge Jewie.25-35kg would be nice.Now im really starting to get excited being privilidged to fish and learn from a couple of fishing gurus.Ill definately take you up on that one Byron.I dont have a big boat,but i reckon it may just do what we want.Yeah well ive got big ears and a small mouth.I listen alot and dont talk much. LMAO.Ill send some pics to you to see if its suitable for you blokes.

Edited by sydfisher

Hi Sydfisher

That is the perfect jew boat mate, a boat I would always hang onto even if updating for fishing out wide. Post the pics up up on the site if you haven't done so already...... the members will be very impressed with that boat..... My Savage Side console jew boat has a 35hp 3 cyl Evinrude Elan with a 4 blade prop from Qld and can fish three comfortably or four who know what they're doing and is only a few inches longer than your forward centre console, the forward console being a good way for having extra room in the work area......... My second boat is a 12' 6" Eagle Ray tri hull shallow water surf rescue boat from Noosa and the lay out in that fishes three comfortably.

Where are you located Peter.... I can drive down from Campbelltown and pick up Julius from Penshurst. Gotta pick the right day tho and spend the time as the Georges is a two tide proposition with the jew in the system and the jew coming over the Bay and going back out before sun up.

Thanks for the photos Peter, it would be a pleasure if Julius and I could get you onto a few decent size Georges River jew.

hey raiders,

I didnt have much time last night but i was at captian cook bridge last night for the start of the run-in tide and only manage a 50cm soapy on squid. i didnt catch antying excpet the jewie but did land a few of these snake-eel looking things which loved the fresh squid!!! Finally had enough of catchin these things so moved on to the 3rd run for some luck but was very quite so called it quits at 1am.

Anyone know the name for this ugly snake-eel thingo???

post-6068-1232374914_thumb.jpg

post-6068-1232374927_thumb.jpg

Edited by Little Hooker