Small Problem With Transducer

Outnumbered

Hi all

I was just up at the boat and noticed the transducer is gone.

the mounting bracket has split down the middle.

can i fit a new transducer at the end of the cable? it is only a hummingbird wide 100 and the transducer cable appears to be hard wired into the base.

ive done a google search and cant find an aussie site that supplies replacements.

or should i just bite the bullet and buy a whole new unit? if so what would you reccomend in the budget range (under $300)

Guest Jocool

You may find the one you are looking for here.... www.bla.com.au/product_group.cfm?id=1748&s=3

It looks to me that it is only about $86. They can be bought at Bias I think. Shouldnt be a hassle. You will need to run all new cabling which comes supplied with the transducer. Just plug and go.

finally got the new transducer, what an education that was. i rang around different shops to get prices and availability and was met with price variations from $68 to $150.

one shop didnt even ring me back like they said they would (twice) and they even forgot to get the price.

delivery times were about 1 to 2 weeks but the place i went with gave me the option of paying an extra $13 and getting it overnighted. :thumbup:

their price was also the lowest which was a mistake on their part when they quoted it over the phone, but to their credit they honoured the price when i picked it up :thumbup::thumbup:

for the extra effort they put in to get it overnighted and for honouring their price stuff up (it was verbal so they could have said i got it wrong) they now have a customer that will be returning again.

as for the shop that didnt ring me back (that has had most of my previous business) i'll give them a call and tell them not to bother............maybe

Guest Jocool

for the extra effort they put in to get it overnighted and for honouring their price stuff up (it was verbal so they could have said i got it wrong) they now have a customer that will be returning again.

35854[/snapback]

Which place was it mate?