Hard Bodied Kingfish Lures

tan the fisherman

gdauy raiders,

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about kingfish lures - is there such a thing?

Thanks

Tan

Gday Tan,

Do you mean any kingfish lures at all?

because I bought one the other day (havent used it yet), its designed to kinda look like a colourful squid I think :1prop: . Got it in bait and tackle shop in Chatswood.

Hope this helps cheers,

Simmo

G'day Tan,

I was speed jigging some butterfly knife jigs in nelson bay for kings and i hooked up just about every drop! They were all rats, but they were kingies nonetheless!

Hope this helps... good luck mate

kiro

As has been said most rapala lures from sizes 7 up to 14 will do the trick on kings, i like sizes 9-11 personally with the x-raps being my favourite in pilchard/mackeral type pattern.

The CD series are also very good but work better on the troll whereas the x-raps are better for casting in the shallower model.

Consider poppers as well, something that makes a big blooping splash that will catch a curious kings attention like a Halco Roosta in size (i think) 85 or 105.

Don't forget about soft plastics as well though they work particularly well on kings, sluggos, any kind of stickbait/minnow profile will often do the trick.

Cheers

Josh