"turn Of The Tide" What Does This Mean?

andrewau

Both!

You have a stop at the change of tide so when the water starts running again it has turned the other way. The tide turns around 6.30pm to run in & it turns around 12.30am to runout. It depends where you are for the length of the ebb ( stop ).

Cheers,

Grant.

By all means I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the turn of the tide is when the tide changes(run out/run in & vice versa).

So around the 6 & 12 mark or whenever the high and low is when the tide slows then stops and changes(turn of the tide).

The turn of the tide refers to when the tidal flow has reached the full extent of its flow in that direction and then changes to the oppposite way i.e. from out to in.

In your example the turn of the low tide occurs at 6pm and the turn of the high occurs at midnight with the water being at its highest at that point.

The closer to the turn of the tide the weaker the flow so the strongest tidal surge occurs around 2.5-3.5 hours through a tidal turn.

Josh

Hi Andrewau .

The turn of the tide is the point where the top and the bottom sections of a waterway all turn to go in the same direction together i.e the opposite direction to where the flow was coming from before the tide changed.,,,,,,,, There are many factors involved that relate to the length of the still water period before the new flow direction fully starts and includes both deep and shallow locations governed by creeks and water depths etc adjacent to where you are or will be fishing........

Here's just one instance - If you do well on the bottom of the tide upriver and the bite slows right down, you can keep on moving and fishing further away in the direction of the tide and fish in a similiar depth to get the bottom of the tide stillwater action futher upriver or downriver as well in accordance with the tide direction.

Andrew call me at home and I'll go thru all the other factors with you over the phone as it would take too much typing in my reply to a post on this subject.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: