Big Whiting Off The Beach @brighton Le Sands

johnsparky77

Just went for a fish off the beach down at brighton, caught 5 oversize whiting 35+cm :1yikes: and threw back some just under size bream and whiting

Used nippers for bait, fished early morn 6am to 10am on a rising 1030am high tide

Good day out and beaut weather.....

sparky77

Just went for a fish off the beach down at brighton, caught 5 oversize whiting 35+cm :1yikes: and threw back some just under size bream and whiting

Used nippers for bait, fished early morn 6am to 10am on a rising 1030am high tide

Good day out and beaut weather.....

sparky77

sounds liek good fun! what rig where you using to catch the whiting?

use light line if possible, size 4 mustad 92247 (baitholder hook) half metre trace, and choose your sinker to be light enough to cast out just a few metres beyond or on where the bluer water meets the shallow water depending on where you fish.

As a rule for me I tend to get some of the smaller fish when surprisingly I cast heaps further out, its as if the larger fish are game to come in closer.

But keep moving along the beach if you get stuck with no bites or too smaller fish.

And fish the twilight hours.

Good luck

Sparky77

use light line if possible, size 4 mustad 92247 (baitholder hook) half metre trace, and choose your sinker to be light enough to cast out just a few metres beyond or on where the bluer water meets the shallow water depending on where you fish.

As a rule for me I tend to get some of the smaller fish when surprisingly I cast heaps further out, its as if the larger fish are game to come in closer.

But keep moving along the beach if you get stuck with no bites or too smaller fish.

And fish the twilight hours.

Good luck

Sparky77

cheers thanks for the reply!

• 3 weeks later...

Your advice is spot on, from my experience. I havn't fished there, but have thought of it a few times. Gives me some food for thought.

I've fished the runway bridge a number of times, ALWAYS catch something, but 90% undersized bream, keeps me amused I guess, and passes the hours. All go back in the drink, as they should.

Guess I should add, I'd use a very fast taper rod ( say 10' plus ), and red beads, with the bait holder hooks.

Ciao

DOC