Leaking Surebite Poppers

The Iceman

Have had MANY of those poppers leak Andrew, ever since they changed distributor :1badmood: I found that they were leaking from either the towing or anchor points. Clear nail polish seems to have done the trick.

Also, have a look at the Gillies poppers, mate (5 pack for $20). There are two packages available down here: multicolored x 5, and clear body/blue face x 5 ;)

Cheers

Hodgey

I had a similar problem with a small rapala minnow, its got water inside it now, still works fine. I think it is from the 30 odd tailor i got with it in one session which probably busted a hole in it somewhere.

I have noticed rapalas quality dropping though, a new x-rap with good strong trebles had one treble completely mangled by an average salmon and i bought another one the other day only to find it was missing an eye??? :wacko:

Its not gonna stop me buying them though, still a great lure.

Cheers

Josh

Hi Andrew

Even after the nail polish has set, carefully (and I emphasise that ...... CAREFULLY) place your lips over the whole top of the lure (cupped face) & whilst avoiding the first hook ....... suck hard to make sure the leak has actually sealed!

Good luck - it may need an extra coat.

Roberta

They did get two coats of nail polish I dont know how it will affect the action of the popper but I can tell you that I did have to change to a R2S bubblepop to get a popper that had a good spit of water out the front of it to get some bream to take interest last weekend The surebites just werent doing it good enough in the hard fished waters