Maple Reels

Coast_Bloke

Hi, last friday I bought a Maple TB4000 Spin Reel ($89), used it for 3 days, and then it died.

Now i dont know if anyway has had any experience with these reels, but my opinion is :thumbdown:

I took it back to shop and looked at all the other Maple 4000's they had, none were any better made. So I bit the bullet and bought a Shimano NAVI 4000... cost me $300 so it better be good!!

So now I got the Shimano NAVI 4000 on a Silstar Diamond Power Tip PK-601 SPM.

Anyone got opinions on the NAVI 4000 series?

I did a search on the net, and can't seem to find Shimano NAVI 4000 reels in aus etc. Found a few Japanese sites, so I am assuming its a jap reel.

Has anyone else seen or used one of these reels?

I am hopeing I didn't get ripped off in price.. $300.00 at local tackle shop.

EDIT* Here a pic of it... bottom one is a 3000 from a thai fishing site

post-574-1110349467_thumb.jpg

post-574-1110349611_thumb.jpg

Edited by Coast_Bloke

Guest Target

Coasty,

You wont be dissapointed with the NAVI. And yes you are right, its a jap reel and is not imported here by shimano, so I know which fishing tackle shop you bought it from....

I have a 2500 size and its a treat to use, mines been given a fair workout (but no real big fish yet) plenty of sambos though that have taken good line. Drags still smooth, and 8 months on still havent felt like it needed to be stripped and cleaned.

At $300 its not a bad buy - slots into that range of just above the stradic in my opinion.

Adrian

Coasty,

You wont be dissapointed with the NAVI.  And yes you are right, its a jap reel and is not imported here by shimano, so I know which fishing tackle shop you bought it from....

I have a 2500 size and its a treat to use, mines been given a fair workout (but no real big fish yet) plenty of sambos though that have taken good line.  Drags still smooth, and 8 months on still havent felt like it needed to be stripped and cleaned.

At $300 its not a bad buy  -  slots into that range of just above the stradic in my opinion.

Adrian

35605[/snapback]

Cheers mate, was hopeing for a good reel... sounds like I got one then :biggrin2:

Lets hope I can get some good years out of it then...

Guest Jocool

Coasty...I meant to post yesterday...Navi are good gear. You wont be dissappointed. I shopped at the same place you did and got a little Daiwa Proshooter, its also a Jap model. Good bit of gear and hasn't let me down. Its only a 1500 but landed some good fish for me. And the drags on them are pretty awesome. :thumbup:

You obviously shopped at Freddys, they are the only ones I know who stock Maple and also Proshooters and Navi's. The Navi is a good reel, the Navi PG is an even better reel.

I use Maple accessories but never rods and reels. Freddys gave me a free Maple IM8 baitcaster rod when they first got released, broke it first day out on a fish which should have never broken the rod.

The Navi will give you years of fine service, a good choice IMHO.

Cheers m8... yeh had a few sessions on the navi now, and it feels great... now to land something decent in the brisbane water :1prop:

and will never buy Maple again... they offered me a free TLD25 if i bought a $380 maple boat rod... the rod was crap... so not worth it.