Seaforth/bayview

SimJ

Went out with 2 mates last night first to the spit bridge, then to Bayview boat ramp.

Night was slow with about 5 or 6 yakkas and some undersize bream and snapper but nothing worth keeping. Finally managed one nice bream (28cm)

post-9568-1234210151_thumb.jpg

When we were about to leave Spit bridge some guy walked up and gave us a shark :1yikes: (90cm)

post-9568-1234210487_thumb.jpg

We werent very hungry for shovelnose so after thanking him we let it go.

As soon as we got to Bayview things picked up a bit, we hooked a good bream (31cm), ok tailor (30cm) and an ok bream (25cm) not sure if it was a tarwhine it looked a bit different from the other.

post-9568-1234210907_thumb.jpg

As we were packing up to leave I felt something heavy on the hand line and pulled up what I thought was a dead fish or old boot, but ended up being a something better :thumbup: .

The same milk crate we used to catch 4 calimaris came in handy again as we pulled this beauty in with it

post-9568-1234211324_thumb.jpg

post-9568-1234215194_thumb.jpg

post-9568-1234215471_thumb.jpg

(90mm)

Going to cook it tonight, any suggestions?

post-9568-1234211517_thumb.jpg

My mate looking hungry :074:

All in all a pretty slow but fun night!!

Edited by Hodgey

well done simmo now go and buy a bloody net before you hook up to somthing to big for the milk crate

i can just see it now hooked a big jew but could'nt fit it in the milk crate and it got away :074:

cherrs gary

:Funny-Post: will do mate cheers,

Simmo

Cooking crabs?

Oooh you have my apetite going again.

The best way I have seen is the spanish way.

Remove the cap off the fresh crab and clean the the gills out (grey spongy things up the top) and GENTLY rinse the insides..

Chop up the crab into bits like you would cut a pie - centre out, taking a couple of legs with each bit. Then crack the claws with a nutcracker so the insides can cook.

Pour some olive oil and some lemon-pepper seasoning into the oil (actually you can put whatever seasoning you like into the oil) and get it fairly hot. Put the crab bits into the oil and cook on a lowered heat until it's done - 5 minutes per side, maybe less.

Use this dish as an entree to a fish meal and you will definately go out and buy that bloody net, just as Brickman suggests....