Daily Telegraph

tide'n'knots

I got a small mention in the tele on page 14 today - just thought i would share. It was in regard to my last fishing report - pity fishraider wasnt mentioned considering thats where the info came from!

Pete.

That's at least twice now that paper has printed info sourced from this site...they should start paying commission!!...or at least [as you said] mention fishraider. :mad3:

Way to go Pete. Here is the link to your newspaper item.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=38558

Many reporters, journos and radio people get their info every week from fishraider - it just goes to show that we are a credible source of info.

If anyone is ever approached via the website please let admin know and try to give fishraider a bit of a plug :)

Maybe we should lock it all down so only members can see :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordie

If you had it so non members could only see 7 day and older posts then the choice is to sign up to be up to date or scroll through 7 day old reports and without a search option for non members it would stop siphoning of good articles and advice people write.

Just some thoughts

As for our knee jerk politicians it is just proof the brain bone isn't connected to the jaw bone. What total crock of untruths and poo has spilled fromm their mouths this week regarding the harbour. I really wonder if one of the charters and pro fishermen on one channel weren't doing it as a wind up and the reporters missed the joke.

Edited by pelican

If you had it so non members could only see 7 day and older posts then the choice is to sign up to be up to date or scroll through 7 day old reports and without a search option for non members it would stop siphoning of good articles and advice people write.

Just some thoughts

Superb idea :thumbup: Pelican .....

That way only fishraiders would be up to date on all the latest reports and gossip......

Cheers Dogtooth..... :1fishing1: John...... :beersmile:

Just some thoughts

As for our knee jerk politicians it is just proof the barain bone isn't connected to the jaw bone. What total crock of untruths and poo has spilled fromm their mouths this week regarding the harbour. I really wonder if one of the charters and pro fishermen on one chanel weren't doing it as a wind up and the reporters missed the joke.

TOP IDEA, as for the article I would say you are probably right. I dont believe any thing I read in that particular paper Half of it is tabloid reporting and the other half is sensationalism! EG : I dont remember mentioning the length of the shark but it was quoted as 4mtrs!

Sharks must grow faster than the fish I caught when I was a kid. They were only 20cm whe caught but always got bigger when I told the story after walking home. Herald reported the tiger at 4.5m and 300 plus KG I think I read this morning. Internet is a classic as they edit the printed article during the day - so called updated better known as error correction. Getting habitual in some papers to reissue the same story with different headlines several times a day to attract a different audience. If every fishing article had the word shark or Paris Hilton in it they would be well read - put both in the one article and it would be a winner.

Media its a business the information is just a tool often misused.

Ahhh ... you're an 'ideas' man, Pel :thumbup: Bloody good suggestion.