Jervis Bay

nic_ally_king

I'm going down to jervis bay towards the end of the week was hoping some raiders could give me a heads up on where to fish as it'll be a first. I know there's good fishing there, seen some massive kings on adventure bound.. Am considering taking the boat - but it may not have a finder riggedand working so might just fish the ocean from land/rocks.

If anyone could give me a few places to try for pelagics and maybe even squid, would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic

I'm going down to jervis bay towards the end of the week was hoping some raiders could give me a heads up on where to fish as it'll be a first. I know there's good fishing there, seen some massive kings on adventure bound.. Am considering taking the boat - but it may not have a finder riggedand working so might just fish the ocean from land/rocks.

If anyone could give me a few places to try for pelagics and maybe even squid, would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic

Downrig point perp for some big kings on live squid and slimies. Middle ground is also good for kings as well.

If you head offshore try the banks, its a bit of a drive from JB but well worth it if the fish are there.

Cheers,

Adrian.

I would take the boat. Honeymoon bay goes off for squid, drift about 30m off the shore, the water is so clear you won't be able to miss the weed beds.

Then take those squid to longnose point, there are always boats lined up along the underwater ridge so again you shouldn't need the sounder. Lots of kings at longnose. I was out there in Jan and the boats in my immediate vicinity must have pulled in 50+ kings mostly legal.

Also witnessed guys catching one king after another using jigs, SP's and lead lines.

go nuts or go home ;)

The Tubes and Beecroft, a mecca for LBG fisherman

Give these two places a go for sure.. Really keen to hear how you go, as I want to head down there again soon. with the kings and beecroft keep your bait close to the rocks as they cruse very close and if you keep your eyes open you see them a lot. Throwing big stick baits works for them there and you can also get squid at times. I normally throw around Raiders and Poppers also. I find fishing on the left of the Cave (looking at sea) is best. But I have seen massive fish landed on both sides. if you do an early session and nothing is happening stick around, I have seen bites go mental here after 11am. Its also a little walk of about 20/30mins nothing hard but just look at the map as you go in and you will see.

The Tubes is good as well, but it gets very crowded this time of year, If you have not fished there before I would just take a spin stick a few metals and just have a look. Live baiters down there are territorial at times.

Give these two places a go for sure.. Really keen to hear how you go, as I want to head down there again soon. with the kings and beecroft keep your bait close to the rocks as they cruse very close and if you keep your eyes open you see them a lot. Throwing big stick baits works for them there and you can also get squid at times. I normally throw around Raiders and Poppers also. I find fishing on the left of the Cave (looking at sea) is best. But I have seen massive fish landed on both sides. if you do an early session and nothing is happening stick around, I have seen bites go mental here after 11am. Its also a little walk of about 20/30mins nothing hard but just look at the map as you go in and you will see.

The Tubes is good as well, but it gets very crowded this time of year, If you have not fished there before I would just take a spin stick a few metals and just have a look. Live baiters down there are territorial at times.

Thanks everybody! Fingers crossed I'm gonna get smashed a few times by the sounds of it JB's epic! Looking forward to it will be sure to let you know how I go, thanks again

Mate posted a few details of our fishing adventures down there a few weeks ago.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...mp;#entry288518

Just make sure you have a proper map of the marine park cause a reasonable amount of the bay in and around the northern side/north head is out of bounds, and the marine parks guys have been down there issuing fines recently.

Good luck! We had a couple of pretty decent days out.