Shark Catches?

openflame06

Now is a great time if you want to tangle with some noahs.

I use a meter of 124lb single strand wire between a 12/0 hook and a 150lb swivel. A haywire twist is the easiest way of making a good connection.

Spin up a live sambo and lightly pin him behind the head then wack the whole lot out under a baloon and your in buisness.

Ooooooh yeah! :1fishing1:

Now is a great time if you want to tangle with some noahs.

I use a meter of 124lb single strand wire between a 12/0 hook and a 150lb swivel. A haywire twist is the easiest way of making a good connection.

Spin up a live sambo and lightly pin him behind the head then wack the whole lot out under a baloon and your in buisness.

Ooooooh yeah! :1fishing1:

good tip thanks :)

Just wondering if anyone has had been catching sharks more than usual. A lot of news stories have been circulating about increased populations.

I'm just wondering whether I should be out with a rod giving it a try lol.

Yeah mate check out my post on the gamefishing reports..

If your serious about chasing sharks then 1metre of trace is not long enough. If a shark swallows your bait only 30cm down then you have only 70cm left to protect against the skin rubbing through your mainline. Live baits are not necessary but a good solid burley trail and minimum 3-4 metre trace is. On light tackle 10kg and under we would use 14ft traces and on heavy tackle 15 and 24kg we would use 25ft traces. Super sharp hooks and let them swallow the bait down for a good 30 sec.

Heres my tip

Use very long heavy trace as the shark can cut your line with its rough skin by rubbing on it. 2 meter

trace with 3 meter add on to your main line of the same weight.

Then go tp Parra river or Lane Cove river and live bait a small jewfish up to 5kg under a balloon.

It should get taken very quickly by a big bull shark. PS place hook towards the back of the fish on top.

I have brought a head in before, other times it has been the whole fish taken. So I am thinking that

the shark attack back end first. Sounds quite stupid but I assure you guys these beast have a delicacy

for jewfish. Oh yeh - minimum 24kg - I have seen my 20 pound line speed of VERY quickly!

If I had a scanner i would display the results of a Bull shark on a jewfish, but I don't/

Jimbo

If your serious about chasing sharks then 1metre of trace is not long enough. If a shark swallows your bait only 30cm down then you have only 70cm left to protect against the skin rubbing through your mainline. Live baits are not necessary but a good solid burley trail and minimum 3-4 metre trace is. On light tackle 10kg and under we would use 14ft traces and on heavy tackle 15 and 24kg we would use 25ft traces. Super sharp hooks and let them swallow the bait down for a good 30 sec.

spot on