Squiding Clifton Gardens

Northside

Hi Fishos,

I went down to Clifton Gardens last night to try and get some squid to use off the rocks at Curl Curl. I have spent around $200 on jigs line and glow bait.

After fising for around 6 hours i didnt land one squid!!! :(

Can someone please tell me how to catch these mungrels and recisly where to squid for them at either Clifton Gardens or Balmoral????????????????????????????????????

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hi Fishos,

I went down to Clifton Gardens last night to try and get some squid to use off the rocks at Curl Curl. I have spent around $200 on jigs line and glow bait.

Can someone please tell me how to catch these mungrels and recisly where to squid for them at either Clifton Gardens or Balmoral????????????????????????????????????

Early morning or before sunset. Sunrise to around 10am or 5pm to sunset

Fish for squid at clifton due to seaweed beds and use size 2 squid jigs preferably pink or orange and you will get them. They are not big though. Body roughly 20cm biggest i caught there

Cheers Kris.

Hi Fishos,

You wont catch squid every single trip man. If it was that easy my fridge would be packed with Jewie steaks. Keep trying mate. I am sure your next 6 hours might paint a different picture. Maybe better advice is live squid is better for kings off the rocks.

Guest Aussie007

my favorite jig is a orange yo-zuri 1.8 or 2.0 cant remember i was at balmoral the other night there were no squid at all seems someone has cleaned it out :1prop: altho there were two sea slugs hanging about and remember when reeling in your jig go as slow as possable u wanna turn the real handle one full turn once every 4-5 seconds or slower

Mate if you have a boat try heading round the corner to HMAS Penguin. Ive been there before and the squiding is insane. But for Clifton Gardens try using a size 2 pink yamo jig ( the $2 ones from like &&*&*& and bigw) i say they are better than the $100 ones. i use size 2 because they are only small squiddies there.

Hope this info helps

From your :1fishing1: mate