Criuse Craft Rougue

Stanfo

I recently looked at a criuse craft rougue, hull seemed ok but I dont know much about them, it had a fifty johno on the back. Are they any good offshore, or just for the rivers. the sign said that the engine needs a new gearbox any idea on how much that would cost?

thanks in advance

Lachlan

Hi Lachlan, the Rogue are great old boats and ride very well for their size. I would not classify them as an offshore boat, but pick your day and and you could venture a little offshore. A 50HP is a bit too small, most we see have a 70HP Evinrude/Johno on the back, but if the price is right and as with any second hand rig if the boat, engine and trailer are good than the Rogue is worth buying. Price in about $1000 for a good second hand gearbox depending ont eh age of the outboard.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Mate, if the transom and floor are solid and the trailer is fine, than offer $3,500 and see if they take it. You could always repower and at present we have a couple of 60HP outboards here at present. First is a 60HP E-TEC, 2006 model at $4,500 (new ones over $9K) so good buying and on the back of a Rogue it would be great for performance and fuel economy. Also we have a carby 60HP Yamaha about 15 years old and is comestically not the best and it is priced at $2,500, but runs well and if the 50HP Johno does need a new gearbox I would spend the money instead on either of theses 60HPs.

Also we are selling a 75HP Chrysler for a customer on consignment and she runs OK (he traded on a 75HP E-TEC) and it would be yours for about the same price as that gearbox for the Johno.

PM or call me on 9456-1444 if you want details.

Cheers,

Huey.