Kingfish And A Whale Shark

fauce

Headed out in Sydney Harbour and then off port stephens this weekend.

Got a couple of legal bream and a Kingfish on prawns in the harbour. Kings only looked at the usual lures and only seemed to actually take the prawns.. wierd. King had loads of prawns in his gut.

Then went to Port Stephens had to go out a fair way to escape the crappy brown water and the really strong currents. Found some Dolphin fish and then had a 6 metre whale shark (approx) come up and try and figure out what we were for about 30 seconds.

Thanks!

portstephenscricket024.jpg

portstephenscricket025.jpgportstephenscricket030.jpgportstephenscricket033.jpgportstephenscricket033.jpg

thanks guys... here are a few more pictures of the whale shark that my friend took. Yeah it was a pretty incredible experience. Not the sort of thing we expected. I thought that whale sharks were mainly a western Australia species.

DSCN5705.jpg

DSCN5704.jpg

Had the same amazing exprience with a Whale Shark on Friday 20th at Broken Bay Wide. It spent half hour at the back of our boat. Had a few pilot fish with it but no cobes. It was about 5m long and was more than happy to let us touch her.

How awesome are whale sharks !!

When I did my scuba diving certificate in Thailand I swam with a 16 meter whale shark on my very first time under water with the instructor. There was an experienced diver there that had moved there just to see a whale shark. He was there 3 years at that point and when I was swimming with the whale shark he was sitting on the boat with a headache...

Needless to say he flipped out and wasn't too happy. He ended up going in straight away and the whale shark was still there. Phew !