Hunt For Salmon

SimJ

Thinking of hitting up the Northern beaches tomorrow avo/night, can anyone help with any spots to catch Salmon (or larger pelagics etc.) land based?

Any of the beaches is fine. Also how do u rig and send out livies when catching these fish? (Ive only ever sent livies down to the bottom with a medium size sinker)

Thanks in advance guys,

Simmo

Thinking of hitting up the Northern beaches tomorrow avo/night, can anyone help with any spots to catch Salmon (or larger pelagics etc.) land based?

Any of the beaches is fine. Also how do u rig and send out livies when catching these fish? (Ive only ever sent livies down to the bottom with a medium size sinker)

Thanks in advance guys,

Simmo

Hi Simmo,

I assume you mean off the beaches land based, not rocks.

Most of the Nth Beaches hold Salmon...Narra, Collaroy, Dee Why, Curl Curl etc.....(Narra / Collaroy stretch is a good start). I've only used pilchards on gang for sambos...Be careful with livies on the beach as they can make a fine tangle in the current etc...off a beach...on the upside you might get a big Jewie with your livie... :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Spizza

Edited by spizza

Cheers Spizza what stretch of collaroy is it? and is there anywhere with light for night fishing round the area?

Breamhunter pm me if u want mob number, always good to fish with members.

Cheers,

Simmo

You can try the car park at the end of COllaroy shops.....the unit blocks on the beach shed some nice light on the sands...but I was there two weeks ago and it was full of weed....may have moved on now....

Otherwise, headlamps and North Narra :).

Good luck

S.