Stupid Question :)

victorski

Hey everyone,

I've purchased a shimano cantana soft plastics rod with a shimano sedona FD 1000, was just wondering if this would be sufficent enough for most SP situations ? and now for the stupid question i noticed the shimano sedona FD 2500 range and i was just wondering if thats just the spool size and if i could purchase one and whack it onto my 1000 ? or would i be better off just keeping the 1000 ?

Cheers!!

Victor

Hey everyone,

I've purchased a shimano cantana soft plastics rod with a shimano sedona FD 1000, was just wondering if this would be sufficent enough for most SP situations ? and now for the stupid question i noticed the shimano sedona FD 2500 range and i was just wondering if thats just the spool size and if i could purchase one and whack it onto my 1000 ? or would i be better off just keeping the 1000 ?

Cheers!!

Victor

Hi Victor The 1000 size sedona is always a handy size to have in your gear supply. How's this combo in swap and sell for value in a quality 2000 reel which is a good size in general plus you get a high performance rod to suit, with it, literally for less than free! :thumbup:

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...c=38038&hl=

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

I really doubt wheather just the spool cold be swapped. The rotor would be a different size, and I'd say the body would probly be larger also.

However, what you've got would be perfect for the target species you listed. I used a 1000 twinpower and 1-3kg softbods finess and 2lb platypus super braid around H&C and IC for years, and found it sensational for Bream and Flatties, and it casts light poppers and placcys like a charm. I never did run into any schoolies though.

Dan

:) it looks awesome jewjaffer, but i just spent $145 on my rod & reel last week and havn't really given it a chance to catch anything yet, i think ill definetly be frequenting the swap & sell forum in the not to distant future though, cheers for the link :)

Ah, thanks dan thats good news!! any idea if my setup would be good for freshwater fishing (trout) ? im planning to go to oberon this weekend :1prop: if so are there any particular lures that are good for trout?

Cheers!!

Victor :1prop:

Edited by victorski

Ideal for trout too :thumbup:

Grab a few Celtas, there little spinners, you can get them from most tackle shops and even k-mut. The red and gold are sweeet :biggrin2:

Little plastics and hard bods go alright too, not to forget little Tassie devils. River fish can be a little spooky and hard to fool sometimes :thumbdown:

Good luck

Dan

awesome, thanks guys!! you've all been a great help, i'll definetly be sticking around on these forums! your a tight friendly community willing to help eachother out!! you can count me in :) i can't wait to be able to contribute some help or some reports, i'll definetly have to have a quick flick at H&C after uni some day soon!!!

Cheers guys!!

awesome, thanks guys!! you've all been a great help, i'll definetly be sticking around on these forums! your a tight friendly community willing to help eachother out!! you can count me in :) i can't wait to be able to contribute some help or some reports, i'll definetly have to have a quick flick at H&C after uni some day soon!!!

Cheers guys!!

one note on shimano 1000 size reels are the spool size is generally pretty small so may have probs with wind knots if you technique is not up to stratch

speaking of uni, i used to fish blackwattle bay (fishmarkets) between classes and it was also pretty good

kael