Entrance Land Based

BTK

Gday all

Ive lived on the Central coast all my life but never seriously fished the Entrance and i was thinking of getting out there this thursday or friday and i was wondering if anyone could tell me where any good land based spots are out there and when to fish them like on high or low tide.

Cheers

Cory

get hold of a yak if u can and fish the flats you cant go wrong appart from that you can wade the water ocean side of the bridge fish the flats and drop offs plenty of lizards,bream and whiting around there

mick

Thanks mate ill check that out

What are you targaeting?

Do you own beach gear? As there is some great beach fishing to be had around the entrance :thumbup:

Dan

most likely end up targeting flatties, bream and whiting.

I do have beach gear, thats what sort of fishing i do mostly, ill take that gear but most likely end up walking around the flats because i feel like a little bit of a change :biggrin2:

but its always good to have a back up plan!

cheers

Cory

Edited by BTK

gday btk

ive been getting some good lizards and bream at picnic point just off to the left of the boat ramp at the entrance(just near the skate park) you dont really get much run in the water because of the state of the channel but ive fished both the run in and out with good success , ive been using live white eyes or small poddys and they seem to be the goods ...........also been getting some good lizards at the eny channel using the same baits but if you fish there use a float otherwise youll get snagged quiet a bit

if you wanna know anything else give me a shout mate

cheers steve

gday btk

ive been getting some good lizards and bream at picnic point just off to the left of the boat ramp at the entrance(just near the skate park) you dont really get much run in the water because of the state of the channel but ive fished both the run in and out with good success , ive been using live white eyes or small poddys and they seem to be the goods ...........also been getting some good lizards at the eny channel using the same baits but if you fish there use a float otherwise youll get snagged quiet a bit

if you wanna know anything else give me a shout mate

cheers steve

Hey mate

Thanks for that info ill probs try there :thumbup:

i have another question maybe you can help me with, where do you find the best live bait around that area and how do you catch it? (if you do)

Also do you know any decent suppliers of bait(frozen or live) in or around the Entrance Area.

Cheers

Cory

i catch the poddys at picnic point about 20 to 30 meters away from where i fish just using a square see through tuppaware type container with 4 snapper leads in the bottom to make it sink, the hole in the lid is about the size of your average drinking glass i get quite a few this way ..........i get the white eyes in the same area off a warf with one of those collapsable mesh fish traps just use stale bread for both of em.......so all bait is caught within 2minutes walk of where you fish ...........if you catch white eyes just keep them alive like the poddys but freshen the water in the bucket every ten minutes or theyll die even with an aerator

hope this helps

cheers steve

Hi all,

First post here. Was just about to start a similar topic till I saw this one.

I've never been up the Entrance way before but a couple of mates are planning a trip up there this weekend.

And just to make it exciting, we're trying to pull an overnighter! Maybe drive up around midnight from Sydney on Friday night and finish off on Saturday morning!

Does anyone have suggestions on where to fish? I'm not targeting any specific species, as long as we get some bites (legal sized ones would be good though) Breams will also be good!

Is it better to fish the Ocean or the Lake?

What baits are good to use?

Do people fish at night there?