First Fish On Soft Plastics :)

Hey everyone,

had a big urge to go for a quick flick this afternoon when i finished uni so i head down to H&C bay armed with my new SP setup, i was fishing with a 1/16 jig head and Gulp 3" minnow in pumpkin seed!! literally 2nd cast out i was slowly retrieving and bang felt something take the fish so i nailed it! turns out it was a cute flat head :) yay my first fish on soft plastics ;) i can see myself becoming addicted!!

post-9937-1236146000_thumb.jpg

just wondering if its normal for alot of Taylor to be jumping around, literally every minute there were Taylor jumping all over the place it was very strange! also can anyone give me any tips on retrieving ? all i was doing was casting out 20 metres and slowly retrieving straight with my rod horizontal, i've got no idea what i'm doing so i don't know how to hold the rod when retrieving and what sort of retrieves to use :( any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Victor!!

Edited by victorski

A nice basic retrieve to start with is a flick of the wrist from a horizontal rod to vertical, now drop the rod trip back down and wind in the slack line.

Start all over again.

This will flick the lure off the bottom while raising the rod, then the lure will drop back to the bottom while winding in slack line. It should have a yo-yo effect on the lure retrieve.

Nice flattie by the way!

Stay away from them little choppers, they will destroy your plastics in no time!

Greg

Nice flattie Victor.

The boys advice is spot on. I usually find that a flattie will sit on the lure as it hits the bottom. Don't be afraid to give it a strong lift when in deeper water.

You will be hooked.

Sandini