First E.p

Luke K

Hi Everyone,

Well a couple of weeks ago I posted the first e.p I've seen in the narra lake. I also said how jealous I was that it was not me who caught it, but a good friend. Well if you believe in karma, I think I got the sweet end of it. I went down to narra lakes this arvo for a quick session up deep creek in the yak. It was a bit on the quiet side as far as hits were concerned, although there was quite a bit of surface activity. After about half an hour I got a legal bream and then straight after that I got a massive hit near an overhanging branch. At first i thought I had caught the branch, but then it started moving sideways. After a good tussle I finally landed this big girl, took a few picks and then I released her. I was stoked.

post-8603-1236330772_thumb.jpg

post-8603-1236330790_thumb.jpg

Cheers Luke

Hey Stewy,

Could be a bass but I find it hard to tell the difference. I also Didn't think you would get bass in the salt this time of the year.

They can be in the brackish or semi salt at any time.

Eps

post-256-1236333355_thumb.jpg

post-256-1236333377_thumb.jpg

Bass

post-256-1236333367_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Beautiful fish mate. What lure did the damage?

Hodgey

Hi Hodgey,

Mate I got her on a 2" gulp shrimp in Lime Tiger

They can be in the brackish or semi salt at any time.

Eps

post-256-1236333355_thumb.jpg

post-256-1236333377_thumb.jpg

Bass

post-256-1236333367_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Hi Stewy,

I think you could be on the money by lookings at those picks

Cheers Luke

Im blowed if I can tell the difference, they look excactly the same to me! I have caught hundreds as a kid growing up - i wonder how many were estaury perch and how many were bass?

what ever it is its a top fish! congrats.

pete.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently saw a fishing program that mentioned research into the possibilty of EP's and bass inter-breeding. I've caught a couple of bass in the nepean that looked a bit ep-like in the head. Pretty interesting but then again I don't have much on :1prop:

TG