Banks

nick 10

Hi all

Went out to the banks on friday hoping to get a marlin or two.At about 11:00 one of the rods strarted screaming of line.Soon as the hooks were set up he come it was a black marlin.The fish took 2hrs on 24kg line to bring to the boat.In the end the fish went 144kg.It was the first marlin on the boat thats why we decided to put the gaffs into it. :thumbup:

post-6045-1236579384_thumb.jpg

post-6045-1236579463_thumb.jpg

post-6045-1236579489_thumb.jpg

post-6045-1236579567_thumb.jpg

post-6045-1236579604_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jewhunter

Very well done guys, a good fish ..................... Don't worry re the 'kill', I'm sure you will

have many opportunities in the future to see them swim away! Remember, that even when we let 'em go,

some don't survive unfortunately.

great catch........

reelMagic

Terrific capture there mate, and oh what a capture. First marlin for the boat and a pb to boot, what more could you ask for.

That is a memory you will treasure and that will stay with you for the rest oif your fishing life.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanger

good one Ken.. were you still holding the rod the whole day ? thumbs must be sore. great looking fish. congrats 2all ......

Hi Dave

No I took the lazy option that weekend and put it up the starboard outrigger in my "Southam" line release.

Worked like a charm as usual. After I heard the "Twang" of the line releasing it was a simple matter of strolling over and slowly pushing the drag lever up. She must have been hungry as the circle hook connected inside the mouth, not in the hinge of the Jaw as usual.

Back down the van this weekend, but taking the Boss there this time to rack up some Brownie points.

Keep an ear open about JB as I'd love another shot at those Striped Marlin again.

Ken

Hi Dave

No I took the lazy option that weekend and put it up the starboard outrigger in my "Southam" line release.

Worked like a charm as usual. After I heard the "Twang" of the line releasing it was a simple matter of strolling over and slowly pushing the drag lever up. She must have been hungry as the circle hook connected inside the mouth, not in the hinge of the Jaw as usual.

Back down the van this weekend, but taking the Boss there this time to rack up some Brownie points.

Keep an ear open about JB as I'd love another shot at those Striped Marlin again.

Ken

me to . Arman should be into them about now ??? so good reports should come our way. time to make more traces ....a bit more than 150lbs... talk soon KEN