Lures At Night

Jacks

Hi Guys

I was just wondering if you can use lures at night and if so what colours and lures work best.

I'm fishin for the usual whiting, bream and flathead.

Thanks in advance

Jacks

Many ppl have alot of success with lures at night. I do quite well with plastics in the day but havnt done too well at night. Although i cant say i really do enough night fishing to know for sure. I tell u what does work a treat though. I have alot of success using jackall chubby's in the georges river at night. I think the rattle in them helps and they have a good erratic movement. Ive caught stacks of bream, flathead, even small jew on them in pitch darkness. Ive only really ever trolled them tho as seeing structure or the shoreline in the night is very difficult.

Musty

Cheers Musty

I'll have to go get some of those jackall chubby's.

What part of the georges do you fish if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Jacks

lure are pretty good at night i normally only get out at night on weekdays due to work and all but with plastics i like to use pumpkin seed gulps mostly on flatties and i get the odd bream and mullet as well. With hard bodies i use darker colours like black with white or grey stripes or purple with black stripes. most of my night fishing with hard bodies was on Murray Cod down in gods country (tumut/wagga/albury/snowie) and the purple and black was the gun of night lures).

With the plastic i found that i had to slow my retrieve down, i also use bigger fatter plastic's then i would during daylight hours as they give a bigger silhouette

Hope it helps dave