More Squid From My Favourite Hunters Hill Wharf!

toyrnr

Last friday night about 8 went for a squid session at a productive wharf i usually go to. Fished all night for squid on and off but nothing. As i was bringing in the live bait at around 5am to leave, i noticed something swimming on the surface. It was a squid so i quickly ran to the car tied my favourite yamashita squid jig on and dropped it right in front of the squid which was swimming in the light. Bang straight away in attacked the jig. Then i went on the other side of the wharf where there where about 8 squid swimming around attacking baitfish. I caught 2 withing a minute again. Went back on the other side of the wharf to catch my final squid for the morning. I left the squid bighting cause i had work at 9am lol. When i got home the squid went straight in the freezer ready for my next jewie session.

cheers

Nick

post-8006-1237167107_thumb.jpg

post-8006-1237167120_thumb.jpg

post-8006-1237167130_thumb.jpg

Great catch, especially from hunters hill.

We're you Parramatta river or Lane Cove side? Interested to know cause I live on the Lane Cove side and this evening when pulling my boat back up the shore i noticed some action as it grew close to dark. A quick scan with the torch and I locked onto what was definitely a squid - mars bar size, on his own in the shallows.

The time between me spotting him and the hurriedly attached squid jig hitting the water was enough for him to disappear. After half an hour I gave up. But this thread was on my mind when I saw him and I wanted to know which side of HH u were on.

Cheers, and congrats again on the haul

Mike

Thanks for the replies guys.

Cuttlefish Camo the wharf i catch the squid is on the Parramatta River side. There are quite a few squid spots in the parramatta river you just got to find them.

cheers

Nick

Edited by MALLIOS