Jewgaffer Update

Hodgey

G'Day all

Well, our wise old mate has had the first of his hand ops and is back home recovering with his lovely wife Shirley. I received a PM from Byron this morning, and as you would appreciate, he is still in a fair amount of discomfort (especially when it comes to something as fiddly as typing). He has asked me to assure his Fishraider friends that he is coping well at home, and thanks everyone for their kind messages and phonecalls.

For those of you that are seeking his advice .... be a little patient. If he has your number, I have no doubt he will give you a bell. If he has to type a response? Well ... that's going to take a little while :biggrin2:

His Pm indicates he is still in fine fettle and has lost none of his sense of humour.

Take care Byron. It sounds like things are progressing well and that you will have a very interesting post to make in a few weeks, that will interest carpel tunnel sufferers especially.

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks Hodgey for the update. Glad at hear that Byron is recovering well from this first round of surgery.

We are all going to miss his wealth of information over this period, but i suspect that he will be back, looming larger than life in no time and helping fellow raiders where ever and whenever possilbe.

Cheers

Mrs Flightmanager

Hi Raiders First of all I would like to thank Ian/Hodgey for keeping my friends informed of my progress following my hand operation yesterday and I would like to thank you all for your kind words and best wishes.

I was operated on in the early morning and came under sedation home in the afternoon.

Thanks also from myself and my wife Shirley and our family for your ongoing interest, support and encouragement. Having good people around who understand what a generally healthy bloke like myself is going thru with troubling back problems then followed by problems in both hands and making so many good friends on the site to fish with has made all the difference to my outlook.

After I fractured vertebra in my back, learned how to use a computer enough to get by and then became active on Fishraider it has had a good effect on my life in so many different ways.

I'd like to thank Fishraider for being the excellent fishing site it has become :thumbup:

For those members who may have carpal tunnel problems, I have to have the hand I was operated on held upwards in a sling arrangement as much as possible for two weeks when the stitches, the bandage and packing is due to come off, to prevent the hand from swelling. My right hand, now in a removable splint 24/7 ,has to be operated on after my back has healed. My back operation is now scheduled to be performed on the 15th April.

For the time being time one of my daughters or little jewgaffer will take care of the typing until I am in a better position to do some myself......

Cheers!

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

If you typed that the operation was a huge success mate!! :yahoo:

Great stuff. We're happy that it's all coming together. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

If Byron typed that then he still has some issues. The post is about three hundred words short of his average :1prop:

Dave

Hi raiders Thank you all for yourr well wishes and encouraging words in posts, pms and phone calls... I am feeling ok today and sitting more comfortably at the moment probably because the sedatives prescribed to reduce the hand swelling and pain after my hand operation are starting to temporarily reduce the pain in my legs and my back....

I would like to thank Cath AKA Mrs Flightmanager, Colin AKA Hooked4Life for the pm they sent early this evening wishing me all the best and a speedy recovery :thumbup: and also to wannaboat who asked me in pm to comment on how he worded to members who have a tow vehicle to help him out, provide company and fish with him, .... so in answer to that it would be best to word your post a little differently, don't sell yourself short, be yourself and your new decky mates will soon come running. Best of luck with it wannafish you'll find that members of Fishraider wont hesitate to help one another out, and particularly genuine people like yourself :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Good on ya Byron,

Good to see that your feeling much better. A few more days and the swelling should be gone.

Plenty of time to sit around the house and play with your fishing tackle, take the mind of the injury a bit.

Good luck, good health and look forward to a speedy recovery.

Cheers

Mariner