Angel Rings

deckie 3

Hi guys,

This started from a reply to TROUBLE re "What did I do today"....get the history from there...

Anyway, a small bunch of ANSA guys from Sydney South and Newcastle have been installing Angel Rings on popular rock fishing platforms from Wollongong through to Catho Bay (so far) under their own resources. They do it in their own time with predominately their own money (ANSA subs and donations).....

Can I ask all you guys to help out with the following?

1. Look out for the rings and let me know if they disappear, or if they need repair

2. Let us know of spots you guys fish that might need them.

3. Volunteers ....??? Anyone???

ANSA has sufficient resources and have planned for 26 more Angel rings to be installed between Box Head and Newcastle (including my local grounds at Dudley / Redhead). They have been halted by "Red Tape" from various Authorities.

If any of you guys can assist re "the bureacracy hurdle", to help with installation etc, all of us would be in appreciation... :1fishing1:

Edited by deckie 3

Just on that.....Mate of mine in Swansea has 8 Angel rings and stainless posts which have been sitting in his garage this last year waiting for authorisation for them to be installed!!!!

Yeah.... :05:

Edited by deckie 3

Guest bluecod

Deckie 3 Sent you a PM and will talk tomorrow :biggrin2:

I understand that some of your concerns will be fixed in the immediate future :1happybday:

All Fishraiders should consider supporting this initiative and as Deckie 3 has said

"1. Look out for the rings and let me know if they disappear, or if they need repair

2. Let us know of spots you guys fish that might need them.

3. Volunteers ....??? Anyone???"

If you can't get on to Deckie 3 let me know and I will pass the info on to him.

Edited by bluecod

Yes good work boys i will for sure keep my eye out if any go missing. Keep up the good work people like these need to be rewarded. I reckon these ppl are real heros. Anyone involved ur LEGENDS

Edited by tyrone07

Very impressed in what you and your mates are doing for the sport VERY impressed..Halfway through this year i have a few months off and im more then happy to volunteer in assisting the instalation of these angel rings..

In about july i will contact you and get further information from you if that is allright ?

Cheers,

Rob

Guest Jocool
Sorry to sound ignorant but what does ANSA stand for??

37313[/snapback]

Australian National Sportsfishing Association.

Hi Guys,

Just a short note to say thanks and update everyone on what is happening with the angel ring project.

ANSA NSW has been installing angel rings since 1994 with an initial grant from the Dept. Sport and Rec. In early 2002 we applied and recieved a grant from the Trust Fund that administers our Fishing Licence Fund, with this grant we to finally legitimise and formalise the installations with the NSW Gov, Local Councils, Lands Dept, NPWS and Fisheries. Prior to this we were just going in 'undercover' and putting the things in and saving lives. Aroud this time the shit hit the fan with Public Liability in NSW, remember councils taking swings down, local fetes being forced to close, and just about every othjer activity was put under the microsope.

For the last 3 years we have been fighting red tape, and finally we are getting somewhere. Today I recieved a letter from the Minister for Lands saying he had no objections to us installing angel rings on Crown Land and coupled with a similar letter from NPWS, we have the whole coast covered. The 3 year battle was worth it. To date we have installed 65 rings and 4 more to go in over easter in Munmorah State Rec Area and then we will start moving up the coast. I have attached 2 updates from the program FYI.

I am looking for anglers who fish the central coast and beyond who know of a spot that could use a ring and for them to then take resposibility for looking after it. We will come and put it in, we just need them to let us know every month if the ring is still there, if not we will send up another one, simple. We are all volunteers, and the rings are only funded, so getting all over NSW is hard. Our hands are pretty full with 65, we aim to take the program to 100 and then look at outside help.

I'm just like you, I fish whenever I can and with a few other guys in ANSA NSW manage the angel ring program.

Just drop us an email if you are interested in helping. All the info is at ansansw.com.au

Cheers

Stan Konstantaras

Australian National Sportfishing Association- NSW Branch

Angel Ring Coordinator

pastelli@netspace.net.au

ANGEL_RING_PRESS_RELEASE_3_3_2002.doc

Guest bluecod

Stan,

Good to see the way forward has eventually been opened.

Deckie 3 and his mate have been telling me about the number of lives allready saved in the Central Coast area alone - great effort!

Perhaps a location of ALL the rings so that all members can keep an eye out.

37818[/snapback]

Gentlemen,

Good to see we have support out there. It is about time I introduce myself I am Yanko Serifi ANSA NSW Angel Ring Co-Ordinator North Coast and mate of DEKKIE3. Stan has already filled you all in where we are at present. I am responsible for installations from Hawksbury River to QLD Border. This weekend being Easter we will be installing 3 Angel Ring assemblies at Catherine Hill Bay (Moonie Rock) and 1 on Flat Rock and 1 on Snapper Rock. Anyone interested in joining Stan, Deckie 3, Malcolm Poole and myself you are more than welcome. Get in touch with me on mobile: 0425265533 for times and meeting point.

Cheers

Yanko Serifi

ANSA NSW Branch

Angel Ring Co-Ordinator North Coast

Perhaps a location of ALL the rings so that all members can keep an eye out.

37818[/snapback]

Hi Jocool,

The list of installations can be found at the following site..

http://members.optushome.com.au/ansansw/do...ife%20Rings.doc

Since publication a number of other rings have been installed including 4 last Saturday between Mooney Beach and the main platform on Catho Rocks. There are another 2 located on the old mine site headland, one facing due east and the other on the North Western Corner towards the old coal loader. A further two have been installed on Birdie Beach....now that was an interesting installation....(just north of the nudist beach section...YIKES! (and all old blokes up there - not one good sort- probably just as well we wouldn't have finished the work and with all the old blokes following us around it made us doubleour efforts to get the things installed and get out of there!)

Anyway the list of installations are being continually upgraded and I understand that a sum of money has been released to procure more rings. (these rings are also funded from your fishing license fees) - its the carting in of all the gear - concrete, posts, kangas etc and all the work in installing them that is volunteer work....more hands the merrier, and the more guys that can keep an eye on them and report any damage or missing rings - well thats whats appreciated.