Lake Macquarie-sunday Breaming

Lance.S

Hi all :biggrin2:

With the initial release of the new EcoGear Bug Ants in only a few days, I thought I would give them yet another feild test, this time on my home waters, Lake Macquarie.

My neice (10 years old) was over for the weekend visiting my daughter (4 years old) so I decided I would take them out for a fish with me.

We hit the water at approx 11.00am & first cast my neice landed a nice little bream at around 27cm. From there on the next couple of hours were very productive.

We ended up landing 11 Bream, 2 Flathead & quite a few small Sqiure. The bream weren't absolute stonkers but it was a great session none the less & the kids really enjoyed themselves. :thumbup:

All but one flathead were caught on the new Bug Ants, so needless to say I can't wait untill they arrive from Japan in the next few days or so.

Anyways,

Cheers,Lance.

post-487-1110810084_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lance.S

G'day Lance

I'm glad someone can catch bream regularly in Lake Macquarie. I have got spend a lot more time up there before the Pro Bream

The Bug Ants look great. Looks like they might be a good replacement for the Hawgs. Are they available in 3"?? What colours are available?

Good fishing Lance and lovely piccy too! :1fishing1::thumbup:

I wouldn't mind 5 of those 'average' fish in my livewell come the Hawkes' ABT :)

See you at St.Clair mate.

Joe

P.S. Jethro the next size up in the Bug Ant is 4 inch, which can be cut down for bream, as a lot of people do with hawg style plastics, or used whole for Bass. From what Tony and Lance tell me, there will be a couple of colours coming in initially followed by a few more shortly after. Apparently they're very popular in Japan right now and stocks are limited - go figure! ;):)

Edited by Pukka

Sounds like a fun day Lance, well done.

I read an article in a mag last year some time about lake macquarie. The journo was saying that over the years he has caught tarpon and some other trevallies or something that you normally wouldn't see this far down the coast.

Have you ever had such luck there?

By the way, it sounds like your daughter & niece would outfish me with lures any day!

Cheers

Tim

Nice fish Lance!! :1prop:

Good to see you all enjoy in the water!

Regards to 2' bugants. Apparently it almost about the same size as 3' bugants. In Japan, They have released 3' bugants as well. I have few samples here but I personally think it is a bit too big.

PS. 2' bugants arrive today!! Along with 4 new SX-40 colours!!Hohoho... :thumbup:

happy fishing :1fishing1:

Nice fish Lance!! :1prop:

Good to see you all enjoy in the water!

Regards to 2' bugants. Apparently it almost about the same size as 3' bugants. In Japan, They have released 3' bugants as well. I have few samples here but I personally think it is a bit too big.

PS. 2' bugants arrive today!! Along with 4 new SX-40 colours!!Hohoho... :thumbup:

happy fishing :1fishing1:

36372[/snapback]

Thanks Tony, I was under the impression the next size up was 4 inch, 3 inch is even better... don't throw those samples away ;)

Joe

Lance that is a damn charming photo. Good to see the delight on the kids faces :thumbup::thumbup: and hope they keep with it!

Hey Tim those exotics mentioned in the mag came from a power station hot water outlet and I think fishing round the outlet may now be restricted. Might have been a different lake too, but can't remember. Cheers Bombie

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the kind words.

Tim- all kinds of exotics to the Lake show up from time to time, trevallies (northern species), Mangrove Jack, etc etc.

I have seen for myself at least one Jack brought back to the ramp to be cleaned, that was actually taken by a bait fisho on ganged pillies in the channel itself.

At the moment there are a lot of small-medium sharks cruizing around the lake. They seem to be following the schools of mullet about, sometimes coming a little to close for comfort whilst breaming. :1yikes:

Not really exotic, there are simply more about due to there being no more commercial fishing.

Ankles-Im sure they would be worth a go on the bass at Glenbawn, especially texas/snagless rigged around the the timber.

Cheers,Lance.

Nice work Lance :thumbup: ,

Bug ants look the goods, will be getting as many as I can. I'll have to get back up the lake soon, I've been meaning to but just havn't had the time, might see you up there soon.

It surely has come to life over the last 6 or so months and the fishing will only get better.

Mitch