Clovelly 23/03

Hi all,

Haven't posted for a while, as I've been too lazy! Went down to Clovelly beach last night for quick flick. Tried a prawnstar for about 15 minutes hoping for a bream, but not inquiries. Changed up to a gulp six inch worm in bloodworm colour and got a little flatty (about 20cm) which went back in the drink and then to my surprise hooked a nice 30cm whiting. I know poppers have been flavour of the month for whiting, but I'd like to know if any other raiders target whiting with sp's, and if so what sort of jighead, rig they use.

Cheers

Hi all,

Haven't posted for a while, as I've been too lazy! Went down to Clovelly beach last night for quick flick. Tried a prawnstar for about 15 minutes hoping for a bream, but not inquiries. Changed up to a gulp six inch worm in bloodworm colour and got a little flatty (about 20cm) which went back in the drink and then to my surprise hooked a nice 30cm whiting. I know poppers have been flavour of the month for whiting, but I'd like to know if any other raiders target whiting with sp's, and if so what sort of jighead, rig they use.

Cheers

G'day FM,

I've caught the odd whiting on 4lb line, 6lb leader, size 1/0 - 1/8oz or 1/16oz jig head on various plastics such as 4" Turtle back in pumkin seed and 3" prawn in nuclear chicken. I was targeting bream though! :biggrin2:

post-8021-1237861364_thumb.jpg post-8021-1237861376_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Cam

Thanks Tiger. I've never used the turtle back design - do you use it mainly for bream?

I haven't used them very often ......yet! The times I have used them though they seem to perform well and have have decided for me personally that it's a "must have" in the tackle bag. Their design allows them to wriggle effectively with minimum movement. I've caught bream, trevs, flatties and of course whiting. There are more experienced SP fisho's than me on this site that can comment on SP's for whiting.

Cheers,

Cam