Fishing In The Wind Grrr.

diver1

:ranting2: is it just me or does every1 dislike fishing in the wind? i like to drift and flick lures and have reasonable sucess, but lately it seems everytime i go im getten blown across the lake at 40 knotts! :mad3: i bought a sea anchor yesterday so hopefully that slows me down enough to work my lures effectively, anchoring is an option i may have to look at but i dont really like it cause i dont cover as much ground, whats your opinion? am i doing something wrong? or is that just the way it is? some1 may even have some pointers to help me out? anyway thats my whinge 4 the day. :1fishing1:

I normally try to go out early if on the lake, landbased or by boat so the winds normally not to high at the earlier times, In lake maquarie just try different spots, around pullbah island or in coves or anything that might block the wind off on that day and just cross your fingers.

Cheers

Cory

:ranting2: is it just me or does every1 dislike fishing in the wind? i like to drift and flick lures and have reasonable sucess, but lately it seems everytime i go im getten blown across the lake at 40 knotts! :mad3: i bought a sea anchor yesterday so hopefully that slows me down enough to work my lures effectively, anchoring is an option i may have to look at but i dont really like it cause i dont cover as much ground, whats your opinion? am i doing something wrong? or is that just the way it is? some1 may even have some pointers to help me out? anyway thats my whinge 4 the day. :1fishing1:

lately ive had some success by casting bigger heavier hardbodys as far as you can with the wind over weed beds and just try to juge how fast you have to wind in order to swim the lure at the best pace,usually the more the wind is up the faster you have to wind :biggrin2: