Anyone Headed Out On The Hawkwsbury Tomorrow Night?

HawkesburyMarlin

I'm headed out tomorrow (Thursday 26th) plan to arrive around 10pm, for an overnighter ........plan on hanging around Juno/Brooklyn. It's my first chance to test the 'Air pressure Drop theory'. any tips? anyone else going out in same area thursday nite/Friday Morn?

Edited by HawkesburyMarlin

I'm headed out tomorrow (Thursday 26th) plan to arrive around 10pm, for an overnighter ........plan on hanging around Juno/Brooklyn. It's my first chance to test the 'Air pressure Drop theory'. any tips? anyone else going out in same area thursday nite/Friday Morn?

I'll be out there Thur night and/or Fri morning. I've just PM'ed you.

the whole air pressure drop is a bit of a hoax i keep hearing about it but never seen anything to back it up. it really is about the tides, the bait in the area, your bait, the water quality, and a bit of luck. When people start going fishing because of inclements in air pressure or the chance of a storm i think that the essentials of fishing have been lost and at the end of the day the basics elements of fishing have been lost. Im pretty sure 10 20 30 or 80 years ago our fathers grandfathers were not receiving any data on air pressure it was all about the moon/tides.

Technically speaking the jewies in generally may feed up before a southerly but with all honesty i wouldnt be planning trips around supposed southerly changes. get out there and enjoy a stunning day on the Hawkesbury river

i would have preffered monday or tuesday night. tonight is the night of the new moon not really to productive.

mate i wish you well and hope you get a 90 pounder.

Thanks Jewfishnetter,

I'm not really 'planning' around this weather scenario, It's more of a case of schedules lining up to allow time for a bit of fishing + the :wife: letting me out.

From what I can see the 'Southerly change' is a possible factor that may put the fish 'on the bite' (apart from the right rig/bait etc), I just see the change as possible for increasing our chances.

I would have loved to get out earlier, however with various 'goings on', I can't get out till later this evening.

On last Saturday nights trip, I noticed prawns were running (I had thought it was too late in the season), anyway will take a scoop net this time, and see what I can get.

Regardless I'll just be happy to have a line in the water

Greg

PS .. Who said I was chaising Jewies?? I'm still trying to land the elusive Hawkesbury Marlin. :074: