What Type Of Hull Is This?

dougsfishin

this looks very similar to an old boat I once had .... it was a pride carrabeian half cabin.. the only difference was mine was all fiberglass and the actual hull was smooth all the way to the bottom.. as your looks like it might have wood in the hull with the sections as it goes down...if you know what i mean.... :1fishing1:

Hi Dougsfishin :1welcomeani: The early seventies and late sixties fibre glass half cabs around that size had a look a like style about them almost regardless of make.....This boat stands out with the typical early Carribean style rollover and looks like an early 70's Nova half cab.... I remember some of the the earlier model Novas and I think they had the cheams all the way up ....The overhead frame was used by Caribean for their full length storm covers and it looks as though the frame came off a carribean half cab and was added on later...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Its a blue and white one!!!!! I'll go away now :1prop:

HI Pel, I'm surprised that you didn't come in on this one Mike, this boat does have the profile of an older Nova which I think were somehow associated with Caribbean around that period... Perhaps Huey can help...

Cheers

Byron :1fishing1:

It looks like an old Savage hull to me, especially the cabin. If the floor and transom are solid it looks a fine little rive rand bay boat and that 50HP Evinrude on the back, lokks about late 1970's but they are hard to kill.

Cheers,

Huey.

It looks like an old Savage hull to me, especially the cabin. If the floor and transom are solid it looks a fine little rive rand bay boat and that 50HP Evinrude on the back, lokks about late 1970's but they are hard to kill.

Cheers,

Huey.

thanx for the input everyone was interested to know about hull but either way it was a good swap for my old 12 ft quintrex with 20 hp johno(old one)and the evenrude is a 90 hp and looks to be a pearler. DOUG

:1fishing1:

Hi Doug, that boat would go great with a V4 90HP Evinrude on the back. Very solid engines and thousands still going 30 years down the track. Do a compression check, check gearbox oil, see if original head gaskets and thermo (if so you should replace as preventative maitanance) and if you buy her, run a can of engine tuner thru her and then run XD-50 and she should give plenty of fun.

Cheers,

Huey.