Botany Map

david88

Hey Raiders, I know that this has probably been brought up before however i could not find a thread

I was wondering if anyone could link me to a map or post outlining the well known areas of botany bay that are good for particular species/ techniques.

I know the basics but i would love to know where the best squidding areaa etc are.

Thanks in advance for taking your time to help.

Cheers, Dave.

.........I know the basics but i would love to know where the best squidding areaa etc are.

Thanks in advance for taking your time to help.

Cheers, Dave.

Hi david88 for your Botany Bay squid landbased.... the Matraville end of Botany Rd anywhere across the side of the last green about two hundred yards back from the paper mill..... the Molineux end of Yarra Bay.... or the sand and weed sections near the groynes near the restaurant and at the far side of Yarra Bay sailing club... or cross over from La perouse to Bear Island.... If your on the Shire side, any of the jetties with kelp or weedbeds in the Hacking... or on the Shire side of Botany Bay along the sandy beach up from the older houses at Kurnell.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi david88 for your Botany Bay squid landbased.... the Matraville end of Botany Rd anywhere across the side of the last green about two hundred yards back from the paper mill..... the Molineux end of Yarra Bay.... or the sand and weed sections near the groynes near the restaurant and at the far side of Yarra Bay sailing club... or cross over from La perouse to Bear Island.... If your on the Shire side, any of the jetties with kelp or weedbeds in the Hacking... or on the Shire side of Botany Bay along the sandy beach up from the older houses at Kurnell.

Cheers

Thanks heaps mate. I am in a boat but im sure many of these areas are accessible by boat.

:1fishing1:

Cheers

David

I came across this thread last night, and as I was going to be dropping my daughter off to Sunday hockey practice at Little Bay, and had an hour to kill, I thought about your squidding question.

I Google Earth Bare Island and I could clearly see all the kelp areas at Bare Island(it is darker than the surrounding white sand). End result I got 2 squid Sunday morning waiting for Hockey practice to finish.

Regards Kit