Yamashita Squid Jigs

tan the fisherman

I've used the lumo jigs at night time and they work great! Saves having to tie on a glow stick so it make the rig a little easier. They float no different to the non lumo so still catch just as much through the day.

The best way is to get a couple of both, I find that at night the lumo does the trick, however I have noticed I have never pulled a squid whislt the jig is glowing fresh it is always when it is hardly glowing that scores the squid.

During the day natural colour, just on sunrise and sunset this natural colour jigs are killers.

Just what I have experienced.

Cheers,

SZ1

G'day Tan,

Both will score squid but I nearly always caught night squid on a lumo and in the early morning... as the light gets stronger, try switching to more natural colours.

As SZ1 said, get a couple of each and experiment. Everyone has their own favourites and to be honest I think jig size is more important than colour anyway (although I still always first put on a Yamashita pink glow at night at the spit, and a 'yakka' coloured Yo Zuri in the daytime anywhere else) :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

I agree with the aboves but also consider having a lighter natural jig (like a KNH) for low light conditions or areas that have illumination at night, I have had good success at night with the above jig.