Apple Tree Bay

jay_stylz

I have only fished there a couple of times, I find Bobbin Head to be more consistent.

The pontoon at ATB is pretty good for bait fish like tailor, poddies and yakkas and I saw some guy with squid there once but I havent landed any myself. Other than that I suppose there is always the chance of a small Jewie coming through but I think u would have better luck in a boat.

Other than that I have caught bream upto 30cm and small flatties.

Good luck but I do suggest Bobbin head instead.

i have caught squid there once.

it is nice to fish there but im not sure how many large fish are out there..

apparently there are large ones under the boats.

where at bobbin head is the best spot to fish by the way, i went friday night and i was on the marina side and was on the point-thing and i got one bite all night. and caught nothing. :< prawns FTL

hey guys just wondering does anyone know anything apple tree bay landbased fishing ?

Hi ya fisher-jay, I was at ATB tues 7th hadn't been there for about 20yrs, we walked across the bridge & took the walking track for about 70-8-mtsn (i think the track goes for heaps,depends how far you want to walk & how much you are carrying), there is heaps of small rock ledges to sit on all the way along, we had a great day heaps of bites.lots of l/jackets, & a good 50cm flattie, there was also heaps of poddies left of the bridge at low tide, Mmmmm flattie favourite.I would happily go there again.

Ps, mind you the $11 car fee was a bit rich.

hey guys just wondering does anyone know anything apple tree bay landbased fishing ?

Hi mate, I fish off the pontoon at ATB frequently, mostly at night. I don't like the Bobbin Head side at night, never seem to get decent fish, unless you wish to cast from the shoreline to the right of the jetty and cast across to the deep channel over the weedbeds. It's a real waiting game. At Appletree Bay, try using half pilchards lightly weighted and cast them about 30 degrees to the left of the pontoon. There is a deep hole there that big bream and the occasional unstoppable monster(maybe a jew?)seem to frequent. I wouldn't know if it's a jew because my light gear means I've constantly gotten my butt kicked by whatever grabs the bait but I have landed big bream there. Off the right of the pontoon with live nippers you will catch decent whiting and just-legal bream. You can also try peeled prawns but it's a poor substitute. Flathead are also a by-catch at the bottom of the boat ramp. I don't know why but the bream seem to come on the bite when the mullet stop jumping, I'm at a loss as to why this is.

Oh, and be prepared to catch a few catfish :mad3:

Hope that helps. Steve.

Hi mate, I fish off the pontoon at ATB frequently, mostly at night. I don't like the Bobbin Head side at night, never seem to get decent fish, unless you wish to cast from the shoreline to the right of the jetty and cast across to the deep channel over the weedbeds. It's a real waiting game. At Appletree Bay, try using half pilchards lightly weighted and cast them about 30 degrees to the left of the pontoon. There is a deep hole there that big bream and the occasional unstoppable monster(maybe a jew?)seem to frequent. I wouldn't know if it's a jew because my light gear means I've constantly gotten my butt kicked by whatever grabs the bait but I have landed big bream there. Off the right of the pontoon with live nippers you will catch decent whiting and just-legal bream. You can also try peeled prawns but it's a poor substitute. Flathead are also a by-catch at the bottom of the boat ramp. I don't know why but the bream seem to come on the bite when the mullet stop jumping, I'm at a loss as to why this is.

Oh, and be prepared to catch a few catfish :mad3:

Hope that helps. Steve.

Hey zilch, gates are open from sunrise to sunset.... how do you fish there at night, its about a 5 km walk whichever way you come in (unless its by water ???

Hey zilch, gates are open from sunrise to sunset.... how do you fish there at night, its about a 5 km walk whichever way you come in (unless its by water ???

Hi mate, the gates are NEVER shut, trust me, so you can drive on in there no problem, hell the garbage man is there every night. A ranger has stopped by and talked to me a few times now, they don't really mind one lone fisherman sitting there quietly, it's the young idiots who go down there to drink and stuff around they are interested in moving on.

ill be there tonight :)

ill be trying squid i just bought, frozen, but should still be ok i hope.

high tide. ill try to find the hole you are talking about.

Hey there, if you have a squid jig it's fairly common to catch squid off the weed beds in front of the boat ramp. Give it a go, I'll probably be going down Friday night quite late if you're interested.

Cheers Steve.